C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B fusion vs. cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Tmac254
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B&B fusion vs. cutouts

So i'm thinking about go with a full B&B system. B&B headers, 3" x pipe, and fusion on a 2013 grand sport.What is your opinion on B&B fusion vs cutouts and why? Can you achieve that loud sound with OEM NPP with the fusion?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:59 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmac254
So i'm thinking about go with a full B&B system. B&B headers, 3" x pipe, and fusion on a 2013 grand sport.What is your opinion on B&B fusion vs cutouts and why? Can you achieve that loud sound with OEM NPP with the fusion?
I have the Fusion's on my 08 and really enjoy them, never had cutouts so can't give you a compare but the fusion's are nice. Check with Dennis at Double D Mods, a forum vendor, for the best price. Tell him I sent you.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Tmac254
Intermediate

Originally Posted by okie08vette
I have the Fusion's on my 08 and really enjoy them, never had cutouts so can't give you a compare but the fusion's are nice. Check with Dennis at Double D Mods, a forum vendor, for the best price. Tell him I sent you.
what size x pipe are you using? Can you use a 3" x pipe that's for a c6 05-08 and a 2013 grand sport?
Old 05-15-2013, 12:27 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Cutouts are cool for the wide open blasts, put on the Fusions and cutouts all will be good, a great sounding exhaust and then you can go loud with the cutouts.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 AM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmac254
what size x pipe are you using? Can you use a 3" x pipe that's for a c6 05-08 and a 2013 grand sport?
BB will work with you for any combination of x pipe. I have a stock 08 with out NPP so the I just order the axel back set up and it bolted directly to my H pipe (I think mine is a H and not a X pipe) but BB has the set up for both the H and X up to 3" in dia, give Dennis a call and he can set you up.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 AM
Tmac254
Intermediate

Will do. Thanks
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Cutouts are louder but would require fabrication. Fusion is already build and is a proven system. I had cutouts until I rebuilt everything and they were definitely my favorite modification.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

^^^ I love my QTP cutouts as well. The cutouts have a unique sound unlike NPP or factory Z exhaust, because the sound is directed at the ground. That gives it a very deep rumble that really turns heads...and the beauty is, you close them, and you are stock muffler quiet turning no heads.

Sometimes you want to be loud, sometimes not.

I wouldn't bother with both cutouts and aftermarket exhaust. When you want quiet you want quiet, not loud and louder. Stock mufflers flow great until you go over 500 rwhp. Cutouts are the perfect mix and you can save a lot of money by leaving on stock mufflers.

Here is my thread from 6+ years ago. My QTP's are still going strong.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-on-my-c6.html

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Had QTP cutouts installed by Florida Performance in Fort Lauderdale. Overall very pleased with the job Rob, the shop owner, did. This was his first C6 and he found a great place to put them and made the custom mandrel bent Y-pipes to maximize flow from the cutouts. We found no way to put them right after the collectors but they fit well by the trans. I have the DTE brace too but it wasn't in the way.

Installed the wiring myself along the drivers side rocker panel, behind seat then out the wheel well under the carpet. Removed the rear inner fender and drilled a small hole in the wheel well then ran the wire down to the cutouts. Hardest part is finding a hot wire when the ignition is on on these C6's. I ended up tapping the seat heater fuse as others here have done.

They are loud and DEEP when open at idle. I've actually heard louder exhaust though, I was kind of surprised they are not louder. I think it is because of the turn downs and the fact that I have cats and the pipes are pretty long before the cutouts. On the track they have a nice race car sound - I'd say like Borla Stingers plus 25%. When you open them at a stoplight you will turn heads, that's for sure.

Overall happy with the mod, it gives me quiet during my morning drive but loud when I'm at the track which is what I wanted.

Here is a video of idle with cutouts open and closed. The gain on the mike makes the closed sound much louder than it is, it's really quiet with factory mufflers even with my cam.

Here are some pics:

Old 05-15-2013, 01:42 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts

Both of your setups look great. I have Cutouts too, on my C5 and Silverado for the track days.

Last edited by pit-man; 05-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B fusion vs. cutouts

Quick Reply: B&B fusion vs. cutouts