C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting issue? Intermittent problem

Old 05-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Exesivefire
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shifting issue? Intermittent problem

So I got my 2012 vette new about three weeks ago, every now and then it's been "catching" when I go to put it in reverse. Almost like I didn't fully put the clutch in. It doesn't happen often, usually when I go to back in my drive, so I ultimately chalked it up to being in a hurry and maybe I didn't fully stop forward momentum? Although with the clutch pressed in I'm not sure that should matter.

Now today it locked me out of first and second. Not the normal "put it in second then it lets you in first thing" it would not let me pull the shifter to the left at all. Making 1st and 2nd unavailable.

Needless to say I was thankful we have the power we do, because I was able to continue driving, just starting in third.

We stopped at the store, and continued our trip home. And at some point it let me back in, and now it's fine..

Wondering what your thoughts are? I've already had this thing to the dealer for two other issues (unrelated) and I'd really rather not take it back again if I don't have too, especially now that its working. I'm sure that will be a hassle to explain...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shifting issue? Intermittent problem