C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Seat Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:13 PM
RaceMic
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Power Seat Issues

I have a base 2007 with a standard driver's side power seat that I almost never adjust. Last weekend, I wasn't going to get any if I did not let my girlfreind drive her just a little bit. When she tried to move the seat forward, it would not adjust. We could hear some minor mechanical sounds as though the switch was working, but no movement of the seat in any direction.

A) The battery was dead the next morning. Could a seat malfunction be causing this? After charging the battery, I could hear clicking-like sounds coming from the seat mechanism, witout engaging the switch.
B) I disconnected the seat harness and the sounds stopped and the battery is holding it's charge.
C) The seat is now stuck in full back position, how do I get to the rear mounting bolts?
Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

I'm just running out the door but I have some ref material for you I'll post when I get back if no one else does.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Okay, here's a discussion with post 14 giving the instructions on how to hot wire the seat motor:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...ower-seat.html

It does sound like something is shorted or stuck switch and draining the battery. Be on the look out for, carefully inspect for, chafed wires, severed/broken wires, wires loose in connectors and loose connectors. There are other discussions about problems under the seat so post back if you need more. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:54 PM
RaceMic
Racer

Thanks RicK T. Looks like I've got some work to do. At least the seat didn't fail in my girlfreind's driving position, she's 5'4" and I'm 6'2", lol.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 PM
RaceMic
Racer

Well that was a project. I followed the steps above and it worked! I gotta say that the hardest part was getting that dang connector for the motor wire bundle disconnected.

Turned out to be a broken seat switch. The plastic, very cheap and flimsy, casing for the switch broke and forced the contacts to stick in the on position, thus no seat operation, and a drained battery.

All better now. Thanks for the help. I bet I saved a $400-500 dealer visit.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Seat Issues

Quick Reply: Power Seat Issues