C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP and stock exhaust question

Old 03-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Boombastic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP and stock exhaust question

how much HP is the stock non NPP exhaust good for and at what Hp level should I upgrade it. Same question for Vettes with the NPP exhaust. Looking at two vehicles and one has the NPP and the other doesn't, Looking to increase the stock 400-436 to around
500 to 600hp.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:26 PM
ROD BROWN
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Horse power

The advertisement on my 09 Coupe reads 430 w/o NPP exhaust.436 with the NPP.I have the NPP exhaust on my car and I know you can't feel 6 horses.I don't feel the NPP system is worth the money.It was on the car when I purchased it. I would never go out of my way to have it installed on my car. It would never be a deciding factor in the purchase of a car. There are many exhaust systems on the market that are better for the price the manufacturer asks for the NPP .
Old 03-16-2013, 06:08 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Since the mufflers are opening up all the way at WOT I don't see them being a restriction at or under 600hp. No point in replacing them unless you want something with more volume, but in that case headers would be a much better choice. That is where the restriction is in your exhaust - and go 1-7/8" primaries when you do them.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:13 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

My personal opinion is junk any factory exhaust and get something with a good sound and free flow. I think the factory exhaust can handle quite of bit of power but how much is tough to say.

Get notified of new replies

To HP and stock exhaust question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HP and stock exhaust question