C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor jack accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:43 AM
JJPonzini
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyvette
Thanks JJ Ponzini, Vet had stated that there was a adapter for $29.99
Where is this sold?
I'm not sure of the adapter he spoke of, but the square saddle is available. Just google floor jack saddle.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Emptydata
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 18" long channel iron is for the rear?
How long should the front be?

Thanks,

Emptydata
Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Don't need all of that stuff. The floor jack saddle will work nicely without all of the bracing. Just make sure the jack saddle or a jack stand saddle is able to bridge across the cross members from front to rear. If you look at them you will see they are shaped like inverted Us. You have to support each side of the U where you are lifting. Here are a couple of pictures from the FSM showing where you need to put the jack or jack stand. FSM says you should use a block or pad between the jack pad or the top of the jackstand. I can do that with any of the jacks I have but it is impossible to put blocks/pads on top of my jackstands so I use the jackstands without them.

All you do is bridge across the places where the lines from the number 1 point not across the width of the car.

Bill
Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 AM
k wright
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I use a floor jack and alloy jack pad to lift the car one side at a time at the lift point behind the front wheel. Thereafter put drive up ramps under the tires and repeat the process on the other side.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Don't need all of that stuff. The floor jack saddle will work nicely without all of the bracing. Just make sure the jack saddle or a jack stand saddle is able to bridge across the cross members from front to rear. If you look at them you will see they are shaped like inverted Us. You have to support each side of the U where you are lifting. Here are a couple of pictures from the FSM showing where you need to put the jack or jack stand. FSM says you should use a block or pad between the jack pad or the top of the jackstand. I can do that with any of the jacks I have but it is impossible to put blocks/pads on top of my jackstands so I use the jackstands without them.

All you do is bridge across the places where the lines from the number 1 point not across the width of the car.

Bill
I have lifted my car hundreds of times using the jack on the crossmember and have had zero problems.

Now that I run skinnies up front, I lift the entire side from the lift point behind the front fender. I don't bother with jacking pucks either. You learn where to put the jack.

It's a car...not your wife, you don't need to treat it so tenderly!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
PDXPorkchop
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossbeam floor jack adapter

I have one I got from Summit I will sell you.
Never used. It didn't fit my floor jack. My jack had a 1" hole for the jacking cup and the adapter came with a 1 1/4" post.
Cost more to ship it back than it was worth.

pdxporkchop@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: Floor jack accessories