C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers - do I need x pipe or use fact z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 PM
JTRANTHA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers - do I need x pipe or use fact z06

I have full z06 exhaust on my c6. I want to go with headers but do I need a new x pipe or just headers and mount to my z06 mid pipe.
Thx.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Most headers use their own midpipe, count on having a midpipe included when you buy headers either with or without cats. The stated price for new headers usually includes a midpipe.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by haljensen
Most headers use their own midpipe, count on having a midpipe included when you buy headers either with or without cats. The stated price for new headers usually includes a midpipe.
That is correct. Most vendors including Pfadt will supply the mid-pipe because the design needs to extend past the factory connection point in order to make real power.

There are certainly options out there for headers. But we feel we have the best package available with features that can not be beat for the price. Not only is our header package a Tri-Y design, which will give you more usable torque under the curve, we also have added many things to make installation a breeze and provide a durable LEAK FREE operation for years.

• TRI-Y Design, 4-2-1 tube merging
  • Makes much more torque under the curve, while still increasing top end HP
  • 1.75/2" tube diameter
  • CNC flanges with OEM locating features
  • Fully hand-TIG welded on-site
  • T-304 16 Gauge Stainless Steel
  • Fully Brushed Stainless Steel Finish
  • V-Band Clamp connections
  • Equal length long tubes
  • 1-piece X-Pipe available w/ and w/o Cats
  • Full 3" collector and X-pipe
  • Comes with bullet-nosed flange bolts for faster installation
  • Extra bung for wideband O2 tuning included in all kits
  • Available with 2 or 4 O2 Sensor extenders
  • Available with Cometic Multi-Layer Steel gasket upgrades
  • Made in Salt Lake City, Utah

Check out this dyno comparison done on a stock LS7 by Horsepower Sales:

This was a before/after with Pfadt Tri-Y headers and a tune. Comparing to traditional 4-into-1 designs, we have optimized our tube diameters, lengths and merging sections to create more usable power in everyday driving without sacrificing anything to peak power numbers.

We have made every effort to listen to the consumers troubles with existing header options and supply solutions in our kit. So exhaust leak concerns are gone with the Pfadt kit. O2 Sensor wiring being too close to the exhaust: gone. Header flanges hard to align to the factory locators problem: gone. Not an extra bung for wideband O2 problem: problem gone. Bad welding causing fitment problems: never going to be an issue with Pfadt.

Just some quick shots:

Get notified of new replies

To Headers - do I need x pipe or use fact z06

Quick Reply: Headers - do I need x pipe or use fact z06