C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z51 LS2 vs. STI

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:19 PM
snapcity
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Z51 LS2 vs. STI

Ok im just wondering what would win on the drag strip and what would win in closed course race track with curves. I own the vette and my friend is very close to buying an STI. We have both been wanting our "dream" cars for a while and both have a serious distaste for the other's car. I hate ricers and "american cars are junk" etc.....

You guys get it lol.

I know i could just google this but i want some feedback from some actual vette enthusiasts. I do know that some of these caras can be incredibly fast with some mods....but lets say stock vs. stock
Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 PM
theVcar
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by snapcity
Ok im just wondering what would win on the drag strip and what would win in closed course race track with curves. I own the vette and my friend is very close to buying an STI. We have both been wanting our "dream" cars for a while and both have a serious distaste for the other's car. I hate ricers and "american cars are junk" etc.....

You guys get it lol.

I know i could just google this but i want some feedback from some actual vette enthusiasts. I do know that some of these caras can be incredibly fast with some mods....but lets say stock vs. stock
Don't want to be to harsh on you being a CF member, but really. You will be laughing for a weeks to come seeing his face when you are done with. Your $40k stocker beats everything right up to $80k , except GT-r
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Audacious Nick
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Or a Mustang 5.0 with bolt-ons, or a GT500, or a ZL1, or my GTO, or a LS3 Corvette, or a boss mustang.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 PM
theVcar
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Audacious Nick
Or a Mustang 5.0 with bolt-ons, or a GT500, or a ZL1, or my GTO, or a LS3 Corvette, or a boss mustang.
Stock to stock apples 2 apples ZL1 4880lbs. I know it fast. Z51 0-60 4.1 sec
Old 02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Kimera
Racer

I'd be surprised if a gto stock for stock took down a vette... or a zl1 the mustangs would be a concern IF modded

sti probably has got you off the line but it will not out track you
Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Audacious Nick
Racer

First off, the zl1 is 4100 lbs. Second, did you really post a 0-60 time? Was that to be funny, or was that actually serious? If so, wow. Third off, if you really want to look at 0-60 times, zl1 is 3.8 seconds.
Fourth, you should look at the quarter mile times. Guess which is faster?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 PM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny, I have both a 07 z51 vette and a 97 Legacy with a 2003 STI engine in it pushing north of 300hp. Those are my 2 cars right now. The Vette is a track beast, the Subaru is my winter beater. While the Subaru is strong, it's not a Corvette killer. Of course, new it might be close, but I'd still bet on the Vette.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:01 PM
snapcity
Pro

I have no idea why yall are talking about mustangs and zl1's....but my friend and i are both modifying our cars. so it will be interesting to see who wins after what mod and so on and so forth haha
Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a 2007 Z51 C6 that I had to modify to suit my tastes on track. It is very comfortable to drive fast.
My winter car is a 2012 WRX. The car feels lighter than the C6 but it runs out of top end sooner. Torque from the turbo is nice but not like the LS2. The feeling of where the car rotates is different than in a Corvette. It is easier to heel/toe in the Subaru.
It all boils down to personal preferences. Either car can be made awesome fast depending on how much you want to spend. It then becomes a driver's race.
I like the Corvette for fast stuff but the WRX for any bad weather.
On the highway, no one challenges the Corvette but there are all kinds of wannabees who try to race the Subaru.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:13 AM
snapcity
Pro

Originally Posted by C5inWV
I have a 2007 Z51 C6 that I had to modify to suit my tastes on track. It is very comfortable to drive fast.
My winter car is a 2012 WRX. The car feels lighter than the C6 but it runs out of top end sooner. Torque from the turbo is nice but not like the LS2. The feeling of where the car rotates is different than in a Corvette. It is easier to heel/toe in the Subaru.
It all boils down to personal preferences. Either car can be made awesome fast depending on how much you want to spend. It then becomes a driver's race.
I like the Corvette for fast stuff but the WRX for any bad weather.
On the highway, no one challenges the Corvette but there are all kinds of wannabees who try to race the Subaru.

good post from both sides. I agree with what you said.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 AM
mriley1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i raced a newer evo (07 ish if i had to guess) on the highway, dont remember how fast we were going but i was in 3rd gear at about 3500 rpm when we launched....i walked away from him...it wasnt even close. at no point did he show signs of catching me, right from the start i had about 2 car lengths on him. My car was a stock ls3 M6, now i have headers intake and a catback.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Audacious Nick
Racer

An evo, stock, won't have a chance. With an upgraded turbo, or even a downpipe, meth, and added boost, it'd be close.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM
mriley1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audacious Nick
An evo, stock, won't have a chance. With an upgraded turbo, or even a downpipe, meth, and added boost, it'd be close.
i can only assume his was modded because it was 2 in the morning and i was driving my girlfriend back to college, also he instigated me. We slowed down and he beeped three times and that was the last i saw of him. If it were from a dig there might be a different ending to that story

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z51 LS2 vs. STI

Quick Reply: C6 Z51 LS2 vs. STI