C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Active Handling / Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Service Active Handling / Vehicle

I've been reading about the Service Active Handling System issues all over the place. I think I may have a new one. The last two days I've had Service Active Handling System and then followed by Service Vehicle.

Any ideas? Car continues to run properly and message resets when car is restarted. Then reappears minutes later. I called GM and my Corvette isn't up for recall

Help?

Last edited by KenVette57; 12-10-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is from one of the other posts that Bill Dearborn posted in!!! The code readers at the auto parts stores won't read the ABS codes, you'll need the scanner that the chevrolet dealer has or stop by the dealer for the troubleshooting.

First thing you need to do when you get the message is to take the car to an auto parts store that has a scanner that can read ABS codes. Since ABS codes are sometimes reset when the engine is turned off and restarted do not turn off the engine and have them plug the scanner in while the engine is running. When you get a Service Message of any kind it is displayed because certain diagnostic codes appeared in the ECM or the EBCM and you can't do squat diagnosing a problem on modern cars without knowing whether any codes have been set. The code will not tell you what to replace but it will tell you where to look and what kinds of measurements must be made to isolate the problem.

Get your code/codes and post them in a new thread. To do this on your own you will have to know how to read a schematic, know Ohm's Law, read a description of how something operates and be able to use that knowledge to substitute the use of a DVM in place of a GM scan tool.

Bill

Last edited by 05C6GAC; 12-11-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Originally Posted by 05C6GAC
This is from one of the other posts that BillDearborn posted in!!! The coad readers at the auto parts stores won't read the ABS codes you'll need the scanner that the chevrolet dealer has or stop by the dealer for the troubleshooting.

First thing you need to do when you get the message is to take the car to an auto parts store that has a scanner that can read ABS codes. Since ABS codes are sometimes reset when the engine is turned off and restarted do not turn off the engine and have them plug the scanner in while the engine is running. When you get a Service Message of any kind it is displayed because certain diagnostic codes appeared in the ECM or the EBCM and you can't do squat diagnosing a problem on modern cars without knowing whether any codes have been set. The code will not tell you what to replace but it will tell you where to look and what kinds of measurements must be made to isolate the problem.

Get your code/codes and post them in a new thread. To do this on your own you will have to know how to read a schematic, know Ohm's Law, read a description of how something operates and be able to use that knowledge to substitute the use of a DVM in place of a GM scan tool.

Bill
Thanks very much Bill,

I'm not a whiz when it comes to electronics.. I'll get the codes and post them. Hopefuly the repair isn't major.

Thanks again for taking the time and I'll be at Chevy this afternoon.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Ahmer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you already have the "Clip" mod done from the dealer as a service recall...

It may be something else...

Mine turned out to be a fried BCM! Car drove fine with the warning lights though...
Since new BCM in, all WARNING lights are gone.
Cost $625
Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Originally Posted by Ahmer
If you already have the "Clip" mod done from the dealer as a service recall...

It may be something else...

Mine turned out to be a fried BCM! Car drove fine with the warning lights though...
Since new BCM in, all WARNING lights are gone.
Cost $625
Haven't shown codes today, when it does it Chevy time. Did you have your work done at Chevy?

Get notified of new replies

To Service Active Handling / Vehicle

Quick Reply: Service Active Handling / Vehicle