C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b&b prt vs bullets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
mattdracing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b&b prt vs bullets?

on my grand sport vette i have headers and offroad x pipe. i really love the sound of the b&b's but im torn between the prt's and bullets. are the prt's as loud as the bullets on throttle? i know that they drone less i just want to make sure they are still plenty loud and rumbly like the bullets. the fusions dont seem to have quite as deep of a tone as the bullets either. thanks in advance!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 PM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

The bullets with what you already have will make them NASCAR loud. PASS. Its entirely too loud for the street.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 PM
mattdracing
Racer

i drive racecars so my definition of loud is different than most people's lol. i have npp's right now and i leave them open all the time. it sounds pretty good but the b&b's are deeper sounding
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

I have PRT on my car and love it. Bullets is louder, PRT is in between fusion and bullets.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I also have PRTs and couldnt be happier.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mattdracing
i drive racecars so my definition of loud is different than most people's lol. i have npp's right now and i leave them open all the time. it sounds pretty good but the b&b's are deeper sounding
No no I dont think you quite understand what Im saying. ITS TOO LOUD for the street period. I have npps and no cats and that is just right. The bullets are 15x louder than that and as raspy as one can get. You will have them on for exactly 1 minute before they come off. I have been there. When I said nascar loud, I really meant it. They are so raspy and the volume is such that my wife could literally hear me miles away when I was ripping on it. She could hear me leave and driving for 5 minutes down the road. I got 2 tickets for it the week I had them, and I only drove it twice............ Trust me, the bullets are for catted systems only. There is no youtube video that could ever express how loud that combo is. I ended up swapping them for flowmasters and it worked much better with the mufflers.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

The went from NPP to PRT's and the PRT's are much louder than the NPP with the valves open to give you an idea.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 PM
mattdracing
Racer

Originally Posted by C6RaceCar
No no I dont think you quite understand what Im saying. ITS TOO LOUD for the street period. I have npps and no cats and that is just right. The bullets are 15x louder than that and as raspy as one can get. You will have them on for exactly 1 minute before they come off. I have been there. When I said nascar loud, I really meant it. They are so raspy and the volume is such that my wife could literally hear me miles away when I was ripping on it. She could hear me leave and driving for 5 minutes down the road. I got 2 tickets for it the week I had them, and I only drove it twice............ Trust me, the bullets are for catted systems only. There is no youtube video that could ever express how loud that combo is. I ended up swapping them for flowmasters and it worked much better with the mufflers.
oh wow....haha ok cool i appreciate your help! i will definitely take your word for it lol
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM
mattdracing
Racer

Originally Posted by hungryhippo
The went from NPP to PRT's and the PRT's are much louder than the NPP with the valves open to give you an idea.
ok thanks so much! that helps me a ton with my decision. i will probably go with the prt's. i like the npp's but all the b&b exhausts have a deeper tone and i feel it sounds a bit better. since you have had both would you agree to that? and do you have headers?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

NPP with the offroad is mouse quiet compared to Bullets or PRT. Bullets w/offroad is off the chart!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mattdracing
ok thanks so much! that helps me a ton with my decision. i will probably go with the prt's. i like the npp's but all the b&b exhausts have a deeper tone and i feel it sounds a bit better. since you have had both would you agree to that? and do you have headers?
Yes, that's why I got rid of the NPP's. I didn't really care for the way they sounded. The PRT's and Corsa sport were my favorites out of all the sound clips I've heard, they sound very close to me.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
mattdracing
Racer

im glad i posted this thread...lots of good feedback. thanks everyone! i believe i will go with the prt's since i have headers and offroad x pipe. they seem like my best route
Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

FWIW! I hope to add the PRT's with black tips someday. Good looks and sound quality are important, you know. LOL!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Homeboy77
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I took my Bullets off due to having a car rider. I missed them the next day. I got rid of the car rider and can't wait to get the bullets back on. I like "Nascar Loud". It turned a lot of heads and got a lot of compliments. Headers would just be icing on the cake.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I think you'll love the PRTs. They have so much tone and burble. Everyone that hears them loves them. I had bullets on my C5Z and they were horrible. There was so much resonance that I ended up with a rear window buzz that nearly drove me crazy. That and I never could get on the car w/o being heard miles away. Tell you this too- the stainless work is gorgeous on them. B&B is simply awesome. I have some vid clips I need to get edited and posted from in the car.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Homeboy77
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The bullets are loud and the drone is pretty heavy. My cure was an upgraded stereo. :-)
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 PM
ishta
Advanced

I just bought my 2005 C6/Manual with bullets and LOVE it. The drone is pretty excessive but I let my friend drive my car down the street and it sounds sooooo good. I was contemplating going to a catless X but I don't think it's necessary. I think headers really brings out the bullets. Mine has Kooks longtubes and it seems to be a nice combo.

Get notified of new replies

To b&b prt vs bullets?

Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 PM
mattdracing
Racer

cool thanks guys! i think since im headers and no cats i will probably go with the PRT's to help with the drone a bit
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
ta ace
Advanced

I have longtubes, x pipe, no cats, and the bullets w/ the bullet part cut out and straight piped......

its so loud you literally cant think... im changing it soon.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:27 AM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ta ace
I have longtubes, x pipe, no cats, and the bullets w/ the bullet part cut out and straight piped......

its so loud you literally cant think... im changing it soon.
Straight pipe? Wow...

Quick Reply: b&b prt vs bullets?