C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harmonic Damper replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Ryan07
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found in my research that the balancer was zero balanced from the factory and Powerbonds are zero balanced as well.

When I removed mine, there were no weights in the balancer, just holes of different depths. I installed the new one with the keyway lined up with the oil pump keyway.

Running fine so far.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 AM
hefti2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I installed it "somehow"... So w/o taking care of any orientation at all.. Running good as well so far
And I also doubt that this will cause big problems...Let´s see
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

even a factary replacement balancer is neutral balanced. orient any way you like to reinstall. the holes in the outer ring will have the weights installed in them.not all holes have weights in them and balancers will have varying amounts of holes drilled in them. easiest way to explain as an example your wheels and tires are neutral balanced. what hole in rim would you match up to wheel stud on car to make your balanced wheel assembly balance properly when tire rotating?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:15 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

hopefully you pinned the the crank with the new pulley

glad to see more people using the SPX or Kent Moore tools for Removal/installation

Quick Reply: Harmonic Damper replacement