C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCM Programming by WAMS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Default BCM Programming by WAMS

Just had Chris get rid of the TPMS for my drag setup. Works great and cheaper then buying and extra set up TPMS sensors. No more AH issues!

Http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 836 Likes on 595 Posts

Excellent!!!

I look forward to hearing how it works out over a period of time.

Chris is about the only guy I know of that can do any software manipulation of GM computer modules.

I've been tossing around having him do some other work, but I'd need to get the car up to him for the stuff I want done. If I find myself way up north I might have to get in contact with him.

I don't know how many owners have had him do the BCM/TPMS work, and I have no dog in this furball, but here's a link to a thread where a forum member isn't so happy with the results:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...te-beware.html

FYI, tire pressure sensors and a TPMS are federally mandated systems. All 4-wheeled vehicles less than 10,000 lbs manufactured since Sept 2007 (start of the 2008 model year) MUST have them!!!

They are like airbags and seat belts - they are required items on a street driven car.

The Vette had them long before they were required by the gubmint. If you're driving on runflat tires you MUST have sensors so you can tell if you lose pressure while driving down the highway - the stiff sidewalls just don't give any handling feedback while you're driving straight. However, if you didn't know you lost pressure and take the off-ramp in your usual spirited manner, you may end in the guard rail when a sideload builds up in the turn and you lose control.

So, just be aware of what you're doing to your car regarding federal requirements.

Bob
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 AM
GTPprix
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys! I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but there are roughly 20 of you out there running this custom programming and so far only one complaint.

To that end the complaint in the link above can be quite simply attributed to not following directions and not reading email auto replies that state we are closed (at the time) because my wife just had our first child. Couple that with lets just say less than pleasant emails and then coming on here and posting something like that I highly doubt anyone would reply at that point and I learned in my younger days the hard way just to let it go

At any rate thanks for the review and I love doing these for you guys and gals!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 AM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Ya it works great and neither of my sets of wheels have have runflats. If someone wanted to go back to stock it would be as simple as a Tech 2.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:56 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris has done numerous projects for me and my clients without any regrets. He always has a few tricks up his sleeve and helps support my goofy requests to boot.

Also on a side note, How did we ever live with out all this BS forced babysitting. I personally think its over done and outa hand on so many levels. Hell, we cant even send out kids to ride a bike without a complete armour system without being accused of being a bad parent..HOW DID WE EVER SURVIVE AS KIDS!

Last edited by RoadRebel; 10-18-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:27 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

GTPprix,

What else can you adjust in the EBCM? The "sensitivity" of the traction control or AH? I'm curious as to the capability of your product(s).
Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
GTPprix
Racer

Originally Posted by taken19
GTPprix,

What else can you adjust in the EBCM? The "sensitivity" of the traction control or AH? I'm curious as to the capability of your product(s).
I probably could but not sure I'd want to due to liability concerns, this thread is actually about the BCM though just a heads up
Old 10-22-2012, 04:49 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by GTPprix
I probably could but not sure I'd want to due to liability concerns, this thread is actually about the BCM though just a heads up
Gotcha, sorry to digress.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM
GTPprix
Racer

No worries
Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Chris, I think you put launch control on your Z06.

Have you put LC and PTM on any 2009 ZR1 yet?

TIA,

Bob
Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
GTPprix
Racer

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Chris, I think you put launch control on your Z06.

Have you put LC and PTM on any 2009 ZR1 yet?

TIA,

Bob
Yup I did the first (and I think only?) retrofit I'm sure I could if I had a 2009 ZR1 to play with for a couple of days!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:55 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GTPprix
Yup I did the first (and I think only?) retrofit I'm sure I could if I had a 2009 ZR1 to play with for a couple of days!!!
Hmmmm....

I may have to bring you the car one of these days. Next time we go up to visit my wife's sister in Cleveland I may have to dump her off and continue on up to let you do your magic!!

It's not gonna happen this winter - maybe next spring.

Bob
Old 02-03-2014, 03:00 PM
GTPprix
Racer

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Hmmmm....

I may have to bring you the car one of these days. Next time we go up to visit my wife's sister in Cleveland I may have to dump her off and continue on up to let you do your magic!!

It's not gonna happen this winter - maybe next spring.

Bob
We still need to do this, just sayin

Get notified of new replies

To BCM Programming by WAMS

Quick Reply: BCM Programming by WAMS