C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new wheels

Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 AM
jonas winslo
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new wheels

So I took my wheels to have them fitted with tires and sensor's today. I have some AVUS Wheels which are an interesting design. It is not possible to use the stock sensor/valve stem design of the C6 rims with these. The AVUS are two piece and make it difficult to stretch a tire on to the rim; especially the runflats. Actually, my installer would not install the runflats on the rim's as the beaded edge may have torn (thanks muchly www.soulspeed.com).

However, in the process of doing the work we lost two tire pressure sensors (so sad). So, the local dealer only had one in stock and had to order the other one; but a valve stem was salvaged from a broken tire sensor.

So, I've got a dead sensor on the front right and new sensor on the rear left; and the TPMS is fully PO'd. I get constant warnings of zero pressure PSI on those two tires. Basically, I've got one good one (not set for my RFID system/car) and one bad one (no signal of course). The care in essence thinks nothing is there.

So, for those of you wishing you wouldn't have bought the TPM tool and the extra sensor's - don't feel bad. My only option is "traction on/off" and I did get active handling to come on today - woo woo! However, no competition mode and "traction and active handling off".

I'm going to take a closer look at my wheels and see if I can do anything about the sensors as my installer said it would be tough to get Pilot Sports on them with the sensors in place; but it may be possible. The problem is where they drilled the hole for the TPMS.

wish I would have known more about these before I got started; but when you buy wheels you figure they know a little something about the vehicle you are putting them on!! BLAH - not hardly!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new wheels