C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower radiator hose question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Iggycat2009
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lower radiator hose question

I purchased a Champion radiator and noticed the lower hose inlet has a 1 3/4" opening that makes it difficult to install a factory replacement hose.

Before I send this radiator back to Champion, is there a radiator hose available with 1 3/4" openings on each end? The Gates hose I purchased would not fit the lower hose inlet as the hose was too small. When I tried to fit the hose in place it left a serious kink rendering it useless.. The engine side fit normally with a 1 3/4" opening. Is there a universal hose available for this fix? I'm sure someone out there ran into this problem already. This is frustrating.

The Gates hose I have is a model 21031 which doesn't work with the Champion radiator.

Mike
Old 07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

well, probably. some years ago i put a 454 into a MGBGT and hooked it to a special made radiator. i made up dummy mock-up upper and lower hoses, took it to a part shop and said.. give me hoses that looks like this and is size x/x. they laughed, went back to their stock and found them... lol
Old 07-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Iggycat2009
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyDave
well, probably. some years ago i put a 454 into a MGBGT and hooked it to a special made radiator. i made up dummy mock-up upper and lower hoses, took it to a part shop and said.. give me hoses that looks like this and is size x/x. they laughed, went back to their stock and found them... lol
I would hope to be that lucky!

Thanks,

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Lower radiator hose question

Quick Reply: Lower radiator hose question