C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFADT Urethane suspension bushings just installed in C6

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 02:21 PM
drmbuck
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PFADT Urethane suspension bushings just installed in C6

My 2009 C6 is a Coupe with paddle shift and Magnetic Ride. It is my street/track car. For the track I run a set of 2003 rear Z06 Speedline 18 x 10.5 inch wheels from my old Z06 all around with Toyo Proxes RA1's. 275 up front and 305 rear. The car handles very well and I can lap in the 1:35 range at WSIR. The AT fluid temp never exceeds 235 F even on a warm day with heavy lapping for 20 minutes.
Last time at Willow Springs International Raceway I noticed that at the onset of threshold braking at 130 MPH the car would dart right or left a bit too much for comfort.
I decided to upgrade the 4 year old stock rubber bushings with a PFADT urethane set all around. As before, I had the alignment set for maximum negative camber front and rear (about 1.7 degrees).
Driving on the street I immediately noticed that the steering came alive. My fingers were now connected to the road. This is the cure for numb Corvette steering! I can hardly wait to get back on the track to experience the further expected benefits in cornering and braking precision. Once I do, I will post an update.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:00 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Cool! How is the tire wear with that setting?

Also, do the rear wheels fit correct?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 PM
drmbuck
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reply to questions on PFADT urethane bushing setup

Originally Posted by timd38
Cool! How is the tire wear with that setting?

Also, do the rear wheels fit correct?

Thanks!
I only put about 300 miles per month on the street tires, so the wear is minimal. I wanted to set the alignment to optimize the traction and wear on the Proxes track tires. Even more negative camber would probably be better, based on wear and tread temperature patterns across the tire.
The Z06 wheels fit well, however the 305 mm Toyos do rub the fenders slightly in the turns
Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by drmbuck
My 2009 C6 is a Coupe with paddle shift and Magnetic Ride. It is my street/track car. For the track I run a set of 2003 rear Z06 Speedline 18 x 10.5 inch wheels from my old Z06 all around with Toyo Proxes RA1's. 275 up front and 305 rear. The car handles very well and I can lap in the 1:35 range at WSIR. The AT fluid temp never exceeds 235 F even on a warm day with heavy lapping for 20 minutes.
Last time at Willow Springs International Raceway I noticed that at the onset of threshold braking at 130 MPH the car would dart right or left a bit too much for comfort.
I decided to upgrade the 4 year old stock rubber bushings with a PFADT urethane set all around. As before, I had the alignment set for maximum negative camber front and rear (about 1.7 degrees).
Driving on the street I immediately noticed that the steering came alive. My fingers were now connected to the road. This is the cure for numb Corvette steering! I can hardly wait to get back on the track to experience the further expected benefits in cornering and braking precision. Once I do, I will post an update.
Fantastic! Improved steering response as well as less overall control arm deflection are exactly what we designed our Polyurethane Control Arm Kit for.

Keep us updated on your progress as you spend more time on track!

Get notified of new replies

To PFADT Urethane suspension bushings just installed in C6

Quick Reply: PFADT Urethane suspension bushings just installed in C6