C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-25-2015, 06:06 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior How-Tos
Print Wikipost

C6 CAGS-SKIP skip shift eliminator

Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 PM
ComplianceParts
Supporting Vendor

Received 25 Likes on 1 Post

Default C6 CAGS-SKIP skip shift eliminator

Hi all, here's some info on our

C6 CAGS-SKIP skip shift eliminator -- $14.00

If you're irritated by the 1-4 shift lockout in your 6 speed C6, we have a simple, plug in product to disable it. Although some folks never seem to notice the shift lockout, for many of us it pops up unexpectedly, in traffic, between stop signs, etc.

As many of you know, there are two basic installation methods to get rid of the 1-4 shift lockout. Either install a connector at the transmission, or replace a fuse in the underhood fuse panel.

This product is a fuse replacement device. We went this route for a few reasons: It’s a heck of a lot easier to install than a transmission based eliminator - if you can change a fuse, you can install it. Just flip open the fuse panel cover, replace one fuse with our C6 CAGS-SKIP, close the cover, and you’re done.

Many C6 owners prefer to remove their skip shift eliminator before going in for service, or would simply like the option to easily return to stock. It doesn’t get any easier or faster than removing and replacing a single fuse. No need to lift your Vette to install or remove it. And, since our product is installed in the covered fuse panel, you don’t have anything extra in the exposed environment under your car.

How It Works:

In the C6, GM was nice enough to route the skip shift solenoid through its own dedicated fuse. If you simply remove the fuse, you’ll stop the shift lockout, but that’ll also cause the MIL (check engine light) to come on. Obviously, that’s not a good idea, since you may not know when another problem could cause the light to go on.

Instead, we replace the fuse with a fixed resistance. This satisfies your Vette’s fault checking circuitry, and safely eliminates the shift lockout without setting any codes or illuminating the MIL.

How It’s Made:

We take a mini fuse and replace the element with a high quality, high temperature resistor. We then use both rigid and flexible conductive materials to ensure a secure connection that is resistant to heat and vibration stresses, and repeated removal and reinsertion. Finally, we inject an epoxy compound into the fuse body to ensure a long and reliable service life.

That may sound like a bit of overkill, but I’ve had one of these working perfectly in my ’09 for over 2 years, and I like the extra peace of mind. So do our customers.

Our C6 CAGS-SKIP is not simply a blown LED type fuse. We’re aware of cases where those may not always work, or may not be 100% reliable. We also think they allow too much current to flow through the system. We prefer using components that limit current to a lower level, reducing power dissipation, and increasing reliability.

Our C6 CAGS-SKIP works in all manual transmission 2005-2012 Corvettes, and is backed by a one year limited warranty. If our CAGS-SKIP doesn’t function properly in your C6, simply let us know within 2 weeks, and we’ll refund your purchase price.

All of our products are in stock, and we typically ship all orders by the next business day (same day whenever possible).

Feel free to post, PM or email us at info@complianceparts.com with any questions or for more info. Thanks!

Product page link: http://complianceparts.com/c6cags-skip.html
Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Boost_Inc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my Vette and I see the light pop on in 1st gear but never noticed anything....? I can still up shift just fine. Im really confused here. Sorry to be such a noob but I am lol. Can you please elaborate a bit more on this. I'm sure you provided all the information above, maybe I'm just a tard.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Gearbanging101
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boost_Inc
I just bought my Vette and I see the light pop on in 1st gear but never noticed anything....? I can still up shift just fine. Im really confused here. Sorry to be such a noob but I am lol. Can you please elaborate a bit more on this. I'm sure you provided all the information above, maybe I'm just a tard.
Previous owner probably installed a CAGS eliminator.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 PM
SlowVet05
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Boost_Inc
I installed the fuse and mine still does this. Whoever you bought it from probably installed the fuse.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by ComplianceParts
Our C6 CAGS-SKIP works in all manual transmission 2005-2012 Corvettes, and is backed by a one year limited warranty.
What about 2013 models?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 AM
DDaaryl
Melting Slicks

Received 629 Likes on 394 Posts

Does this work on a 2002 C5?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 AM
cuspid
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

My 2013 has a different fuse layout?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by cuspid
My 2013 has a different fuse layout?

This is the fuse panel on my 2013. You can see the glowing smart fuse indicating that it is a blown fuse. That's the CAGS fuse location.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM
cuspid
Drifting

My 2013 does NOT have a fuse at all in this location, it has the fuse above and below that one
Old 02-25-2013, 05:56 PM
cuspid
Drifting

Just read my schematic, my 2013 is in a differnt location. It is on the side. read the schematic first. I replaced the fuse and no more problem. I did not short it out, I have a utility knife with a hook blade. I came up in the crotch of the fuse and cut the fuse link.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:22 PM
pmihaltian
Slingshot
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cuspid
My 2013 does NOT have a fuse at all in this location, it has the fuse above and below that one
So does the Compliance Parts solution work on 2013 C6 Corvettes?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 AM
MachAll 2005
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice

Last edited by MachAll 2005; 09-25-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 CAGS-SKIP skip shift eliminator

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 CAGS-SKIP skip shift eliminator