C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z51 Chassis improvement ???

Old 03-10-2012, 01:31 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

while I agree w. bill d. and some of the other posters above, to me, the two most important things you can do are tires and driver, not necessarily in that order. if you want the most enjoyment out of, and the full potential of the car, start with tires, the best you can afford for the most that you want out of the car.

but don't forget that you, and your driving skills may be holding you back from whatever is on your car right now, forget any additions that might make it better, but not for you with your current skill level (I'm speaking for myself, as well, so don't think this is a criticism of you).

if all you want to do is sound and feel racier, add shocks, sways, big brakes, new wheels, big exhaust, on and on, before you improve the two items above.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Shifter6
Yes and no. My good freind has a Elise and his car is like a scapel and mine a machette. The feel is completley different and I love the feedback from his car.

That being said, on the track if your concern is bottom line speed a C6 can do everything an Elise/Exige can do and more. It requires more tires and brakes and motor to do it but the bottom line is it does...and more. It just feels different when doing it.

Plus the C6 does other things the Lotus can't. At 6.0' getting in and out of his car is fun. I won't list all my complaints about the lotus, lets just say its not even in the same league as a GT car.
I think we said the same thing in a different way. They're different animals and each has pros and cons. I'm 6 foot as well and agree the Corvette is easier to get into.

BTW, my Exige puts down 281rwhp. My C6 puts down 401rwhp. Both have BBKs, suspension and forged wheels. 7.x pounds per hp for the Exige. 11.x pounds per hp for the C6. No math skills required there.

I don't own one or the other, I own both. I'm not biased. It would be difficult to choose between the two. Hopefully I never have to.

San
Old 03-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Hexa
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with all of you ... and I switched to the corvette especially because driving very quiet, listeing to the music of the Bose system is also possible (That's something totally impossible in every Lotus / Lotus like cars ) ... So YES, I love the corvette

But again, I feel strange that in quick curves de back of the car is acting like on a Wave especially when compared with a BMW (350kg more than the corvette) on the exact same (non perfect) road.

Also when it comes to driving lesson, I actually took some but you cannot compare the drive feeling on tracks (which is kind of perfect conditions) with open roads.
In my specific case my issue is really in curves on not totally perfect roads

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Z51 Chassis improvement ???