Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Tech/Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Tech/Performance
LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace Sponsored by
21st Century Muscle Cars

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
DSOM Z06
CF Senior Member

Default "Check Coolant Level"

Message has been appearing every time I start the car yet the reservoir is full to the correct line and coolant temps are fine. Is this a bad sensor?
DSOM Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
RicK T
CF Senior Member

There is no sensor.

No personal experience or knowledge, just passing this along:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon90 View Post
The Corvette C6 doesn't have a coolant level sensor. Coolant level is a calculation done by comparing coolant temperature to RPM to determine if the proper level of coolant is present based on what the car is doing. In the event of a level issue being reported when the correct level of coolant can be observed in the reservoir, the dealer is able to recalibrate the table in the HVAC module (which is where the calculations are done for the coolant level algorithm.)
RicK T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
TRBOKEV
CF Senior Member

I had the same problem.. Although I would notice that my coolant temps would freak out sometimes also.

There is a sensor in the drivers side head (Near the front) right behind the alternator. The wire for mine was jammed/pinched behind the alternator bracket. I freed the wire, unplugged then re plugged it back into the sensor and have had zero problems ever since.
TRBOKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
LEAVINU
CF Senior Member

Lamarwaldenautomotive

Just replaced my coolant sensor because the temp gauge pegged zero but no mention of low coolant level for me. The sensor referred to above ^^ is what I replaced and was $31.
LEAVINU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
DSOM Z06
CF Senior Member

Was told it is a bad "heater panel" causing the message. The car is not losing coolant just triggering a bad message. What exactly is a heater panel??????
Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
CGZO6
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOM Z06 View Post
Was told it is a bad "heater panel" causing the message. The car is not losing coolant just triggering a bad message. What exactly is a heater panel??????
It's the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning Control) panel located directly under the radio and above the ash tray. If the dual zone control head style: it has a **** on each side to adjust the desired temp and a display that show OAT and desired interior temp for each side of car, fan speed, a/c on-off, which vents air is coming from, recirc mode, etc...

Too much information?
CGZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
DSOM Z06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGZO6 View Post
It's the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning Control) panel located directly under the radio and above the ash tray. If the dual zone control head style: it has a **** on each side to adjust the desired temp and a display that show OAT and desired interior temp for each side of car, fan speed, a/c on-off, which vents air is coming from, recirc mode, etc...

Too much information?
Silly me.....Thank you! Just didn't realize that the panel itself can cause a low coolant message to appear. Live and learn.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

RWHP - 440.786 RWTQ - 439.494 I love to drive!!! 07 Vet Mileage = 177,968. http://togetherweserved.com/ http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ http://www.survivalistboards.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGZO6 View Post

Too much information?
Thanks for the info.
Gering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page "Check Coolant Level"

Tags
2006, c2, c4, c5, c6, check, coolant, coolent, corvette, determined, kevel, level, message, reservoir, sensor