C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Check Coolant Level"

Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default "Check Coolant Level"

Message has been appearing every time I start the car yet the reservoir is full to the correct line and coolant temps are fine. Is this a bad sensor?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:01 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

There is no sensor.

No personal experience or knowledge, just passing this along:

Originally Posted by talon90
The Corvette C6 doesn't have a coolant level sensor. Coolant level is a calculation done by comparing coolant temperature to RPM to determine if the proper level of coolant is present based on what the car is doing. In the event of a level issue being reported when the correct level of coolant can be observed in the reservoir, the dealer is able to recalibrate the table in the HVAC module (which is where the calculations are done for the coolant level algorithm.)
Old 01-09-2012, 03:27 PM
TRBOKEV
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem.. Although I would notice that my coolant temps would freak out sometimes also.

There is a sensor in the drivers side head (Near the front) right behind the alternator. The wire for mine was jammed/pinched behind the alternator bracket. I freed the wire, unplugged then re plugged it back into the sensor and have had zero problems ever since.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Just replaced my coolant sensor because the temp gauge pegged zero but no mention of low coolant level for me. The sensor referred to above ^^ is what I replaced and was $31.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Was told it is a bad "heater panel" causing the message. The car is not losing coolant just triggering a bad message. What exactly is a heater panel??????
Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOM Z06
Was told it is a bad "heater panel" causing the message. The car is not losing coolant just triggering a bad message. What exactly is a heater panel??????
It's the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning Control) panel located directly under the radio and above the ash tray. If the dual zone control head style: it has a **** on each side to adjust the desired temp and a display that show OAT and desired interior temp for each side of car, fan speed, a/c on-off, which vents air is coming from, recirc mode, etc...

Too much information?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CGZO6
It's the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning Control) panel located directly under the radio and above the ash tray. If the dual zone control head style: it has a **** on each side to adjust the desired temp and a display that show OAT and desired interior temp for each side of car, fan speed, a/c on-off, which vents air is coming from, recirc mode, etc...

Too much information?
Silly me.....Thank you! Just didn't realize that the panel itself can cause a low coolant message to appear. Live and learn.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CGZO6

Too much information?
Thanks for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To "Check Coolant Level"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Check Coolant Level"