C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

•► ► CoW BOOSTER - THE MOST AMAZING C6 PRODUCT EVER OFFERED - GUARANTEED! ◄ ◄•

Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Good stuff Jerri. Make sure you post up some pics of the new steering wheel. I'd love to add one of my own but I think I'll throw a cam in first
Old 08-24-2011, 03:31 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
From a slightly technical perspective...as a layman...

I do see the Boss 302 mustang offering a track key option as something conceptually similiar.. and the same for the BMW M3 adjustability... in track mode... where it adjusts mapping etc..
The Cow's Booster is not even slightly similar to either of those.

The Boss 302 key is similar to having a dual-tuned PCM. The Key actually changes performane parameters when used (the booster does not).

The M Track Mode is similar to you putting your car into competition mode (the booster does not effect the use of traction or stability)
Old 08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Commas and periods can be used to replace ellipsis ya know

We aren't asking for intricate details of this trade secret. Most of the questions asked were VERY basic and haven't been answered by Chuck (I appreciate you trying to step up and fill in while he's out though, Jerri).

Shawn,

There is really no need for an explanation as we have beaten this issue to death .

Something we continually do on this forum After more than 10 pages we know that the trade secret makes the throttle more responsive. It is what it is. No increase in horsepower or torque just a more responsive pedal.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:34 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Ha, I agree.

At this point I'm just wondering why Chuck disappeared and left the questions to be answered by other members who are jsut speculating (although with pretty educated guesses).
Old 08-24-2011, 03:35 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

The Boss 302 key is similar to having a dual-tuned PCM. The Key actually changes performane parameters when used (the booster does not).
I love that dual key option and actually watched a bunch of different demos on what all it does. It's very impressive.

I'd love for the vette to get something along those lines at some point--imagine the possibilities.

It reminds me of how the Veyron hunkers down when you insert the key for 'top speed' mode. Its sexy no matter how you slice it.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:43 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Originally Posted by Justinjor
I love that dual key option and actually watched a bunch of different demos on what all it does. It's very impressive.

I'd love for the vette to get something along those lines at some point--imagine the possibilities.

It reminds me of how the Veyron hunkers down when you insert the key for 'top speed' mode. Its sexy no matter how you slice it.
Dual Flashed PCMs have existed for a long time where you can switch between two tunes on a single PCM.

I'm not sure anyone has done it for the LS2 vettes yet though.

I know LT1s and LS1s have it.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

Hm, I had no idea. I would have thought you would need an external chip to burn and accept the different tune. When I get serious about racing and what not, I'd love to have a tune for race gas and one for pump and/or low boost/high boost that I could switch at will. Either that, or I need to learn the basics of tuning so I can make adjustments myself at the track like my good buddy Joe_G
Old 08-25-2011, 01:09 AM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Do you guys have any trouble with heel and toe downshifting? I find the amount of travel needed to blip the engine to be too great; I have to bend my ankle more than I like to get a decent blip out of the engine. To get a good blip I have to move my foot further off of the brake than I care to.

That, right there, is why I'm happy to see this mod.
First off my Vette is an A6. However, this is my first auto, all my Camaro's and Porsches that I autocrossed were manuals and I never heel and toed it, just shifted and let the clutch out. Heel and toeing is probably good for a road course, but really not needed for autocrossing.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:08 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Heel/Toe.....

Heel/Toe..... for guys that do it, is really awkward when the car is NOT CoW

Boosted. Stock, it takes TOO MUCH BLIP to make it work...

CoW Booster makes the BLIP instant!

Keep in mind, If you have an A6 then the throttle is more advanced and there

is NO difference between TC/ON and the other modes.

Developing CoW BOOSTER and having it tested has completely

consumed me the past few weeks getting ready for Carlisle.

If you know me, I go to bed REALLY LATE and don't get more than

3 hours sleep each day... Even less with Carlisle coming.

Right now, I'm in my hotel room at Carlisle instead of sleeping, I'm posting

on the forum......

Thats the reason for the slim responses.....

Chuck CoW
Old 08-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I like having a lazy pedal below 50%. If i want to go fast I push the pedal down. If I want to cruise about it's under 50% and I don't have a twitchy ride.

Rolling into the throttle gradually can be challanging when exiting a corner with the suspension loaded. It doesn't take much throttle at all to dial in some oversteer.

Frankly, I like the throttle sensitvity where it is.

As far as heel toeing, I am pretty new at it, but I have not had a problem blipping to 4.5k if I am braking hard. With light braking its harder to push down on the throttle.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
sthornburg
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chuck sold me on the CoW BOOSTER and I rolled into Carlisle Sunday afternoon at 1:00 eagerly anticipating improved throttle response. To my dismay, when I pulled up to the entry gate, I was informed that Carlisle was shut down due to the wrath of Irene and viewed toppled canopies from the gate.

Hopefully all my Corvette brothers escaped any potential damage from the storm...

Chuck, I sent you a PM Sunday evening.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Don 79 TA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i sent Chuck some PM's too, i gather he is still busy from the event
waiting to see what he can do for my wifes 05 4psd auto
i need something by thursday.....
Old 08-29-2011, 08:46 PM
markiemark
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Well I must say that I love the new feel of the Z. I'm no racer so not much here on that heel toe stuff, but I must say that there is a big difference. I remember when it was done to my 01 383 and it was awesome.. This is just as good. Plus the fact that I'm running 410's makes my Z an incredible car to drive. Not only is my 6th gear usable, with the COW Booster I have the get up right there at the pedal. No sluggish feel...For the $, whether your car is modded or not, it is a big difference!!!!!

Last edited by markiemark; 08-29-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Glad you're happy with the purchase...that's what spending money on modding cars is all about.

Just a few points though...

Originally Posted by markiemark
I remember when it was done to my 01 383 and it was awesome..
Thats impossible! The OP claims this couldn't be done until now

Originally Posted by markiemark
Not only is my 6th gear usable, with the COW Booster I have the get up right there at the pedal.
Your 6th gear was just as useable before, you just never pushed the pedal down. The booster does nothing to improve the use of 6th gear other than making your foot move a shorter distance than it needed to before.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

This is a great modification. Its a lot of fun and since according to so many naysayers..... its really just making the throttle pedalwork that much faster....it should in my opinion maintain stock OEM like reliability..

Really a fun mod and those that have it love it...

Those that don't have it....? It tends to drive a few battey that so many who have this modificiation.... should find that having easier access to the 436hp that these stock corvettes produce right from factory...is so much fun!!!

CoW Booster is a really worthy modification and one of my favorites ever put on any one of my corvettes...

Like I mentioned earlier..my stock 190 mph top speed, zero to 60mph in 4 flat....LS3 manual ... corvette was fast enough...I just wanted a more reactive vehicle....

Just a thought of more speed while driving a booster car and its instantaneously occuring...

Lots of fun for those who are true sports car enthusiasts...

Last edited by JerriVette; 08-30-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Originally Posted by JerriVette
This is a great modification. Its a lot of fun and since its really just making the throttle pedalwork that much faster....it should in my opinion maintain stock OEM like reliability..

Really a fun mod and those that have it love it...

Those that don't have it....? It tends to drive a few battey that so many who have this modificiation.... should find that having easier access to the 436hp that these stock corvettes produce right from factory...is so much fun!!!

CoW Booster is a really worthy modification and one of my favorites ever put on any one of my corvettes...

Like I mentioned earlier..my stock 190 mph top speed corvette was fast enough...I just wanted a more reactive vehicle....

Just a thought of more speed and its instantaneously occuring...

Lots of fun for those who are true sports car enthusiasts...
I think you forgot to mention that it does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds
Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I think you forgot to mention that it does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds
I added it in just for you except I see a few times quoted at 4 flat....so I left it at that...

sure we've seen sub 4 second (3.9 seconds) zero to 60 mph times for the stock "BASE" LS3 Manual Grand Sport but I didn't want to be presumptous (SP) or a braggard like so many others...

CoW Booster is a great mod....even though my car still only tops out at 190mph..

Last edited by JerriVette; 08-30-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To •► ► CoW BOOSTER - THE MOST AMAZING C6 PRODUCT EVER OFFERED - GUARANTEED! ◄ ◄•

Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 AM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

^ gotta love it.

Jerri, did you ever take more pictures of that steering wheel?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 AM
markiemark
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I should have been more clear. It's never been done on a C6 before!!! And no, I don't think 6th gear is useful when you always have to downshift to 5th to pass people. With my 410's, I can leave it on 6th and just hit the pedal and now with Cow Booster it's even more responsive. Hope that's sounds better...
Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,169 Likes on 675 Posts

Your 6th gear was just as useable before, you just never pushed the pedal down. The booster does nothing to improve the use of 6th gear other than making your foot move a shorter distance than it needed to before.
I guess you have the foot mod.

I get Joe G's point, but 90% of the people looking at this just need to step into the gas pedal. If someone rarely takes his car to WOT, a more aggressive throttle curve could make the car seem more powerful and faster. If your gas pedal frequently finds itself on the floor, tip-in is probably not where you get your joy.

I remember when Detroit would put faster ratio linkages on carbs so that the public would think the car was more powerful during the test drive. Wow, I'm only pressing the gas 50% and the car is pulling hard. What most drivers didn't realize was they were at 75% throttle and there wasn't much more power left on reserve.

I recall people switching LS1 TBs after the 01 models came out because the TB cam was different.

Floyd, I guess the most amazing C6 product ever offered won't be on our cars. I think that title belongs to HPT/EFIlive and its awesome that it sells without that self promotion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: •► ► CoW BOOSTER - THE MOST AMAZING C6 PRODUCT EVER OFFERED - GUARANTEED! ◄ ◄•