C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission this time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 AM
jcook76
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission this time.

Well got my car back friday with new motor installed.It runs great.Drove it around friday some.Saturday were going to goto branson,mo to cruise night leave the house make it about 10 miles check engine light comes on.Nothing changed still running fine so i keep going.I make it almost to Harrison,AR which is about 85 miles and the transmission starts making a noise when you let off the gas and coasting.Sound like a rearend almost when they get wore out and they whine when you let off the gas.I get into town at stop light take off and it doesnt want to go into second gear I got it in second and it try to jump back out.I shifted threw rest of the gears and it shifted fine.Drove it about another 20 miles and when i let off the gas it sounded like it had gravel inside the transmission.So now its back in the shop getting a new transmission.Second gear blew apart.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 PM
jwe
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2008 , installed kooks headers, complete from front to back, problem is my trans. line run next to header pipes, one of the lines were touching part of the header. vib. and heat put a hole in the line, leaking trans. fluid on my headers , has anyone changed out the trans. lines. how hard is it to change out or do i need to take it to the shop and have it done?

Quick Reply: Transmission this time.