C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone used Powerstop brake pads?

Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 PM
terry s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone used Powerstop brake pads?

I am looking at Powerstop ceramic pads for my 2008 Z06. Has anyone tried any of their pads and if so how did they work? Just want to minimize the brake dust.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by terry s
I am looking at Powerstop ceramic pads for my 2008 Z06. Has anyone tried any of their pads and if so how did they work? Just want to minimize the brake dust.
I just ordered a set with drilled and slotted rotors...once I install I will advise
Old 08-01-2012, 06:41 PM
terry s
Racer

Originally Posted by bkazepis
I just ordered a set with drilled and slotted rotors...once I install I will advise
I went head and put a set on. They work fine and soooo much less dust than the stock pads. And the price was much better than the more known brands particularly since the Z06 takes 20 padlets for a full set and they are not as common as the regular corvette pads. I think you will like them.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Mine are coming today and I should install over the weekend...providing kids and wife cooperate
Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had them on about a year now and love them. No problems at all. I bought mine from brakemotive with rotors for something like $375 shipped and the service is 2nd to none.

Last edited by speedraider; 08-03-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 08-03-2012, 11:09 AM
0Brakemotive
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

The Power Stop Z16 Evolution ceramic pads are excellent for eliminating dust and noise. I have them paired with our drilled and slotted Kinetic rotors (also manufactured by Power Stop), which makes for an excellent combination! Feel free to PM me for any details!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:24 PM
terry s
Racer

Originally Posted by Brakemotive
The Power Stop Z16 Evolution ceramic pads are excellent for eliminating dust and noise. I have them paired with our drilled and slotted Kinetic rotors (also manufactured by Power Stop), which makes for an excellent combination! Feel free to PM me for any details!
Got mine from Brakemotive. Great service.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

UPDATE: All I can say is WW!!!

I just installed the Powerstop Stage 1 Brake upgrade kit with Drilled and Slotted rotors and their Z16 Ceramic brakes...while I was at it I installed Speed Bleeders and painted the rotor hats black with duplicolor caliper paint...

Just got back from my brake bedding drive and again WW!!

They feel great....seem to stop better than stock although that could be a figment of my imagination....and the Speed Bleeders worked without a hitch after install....all in all VERY satisfied with this Mod to my 2008 MN6...

Love Powerstop!
Old 11-16-2014, 08:28 AM
iDoLiZeDbyALL
Instructor

Just ordered some power stop slotted/ crossed drilled with the z23 pads...everyone still enjoy or like them? Making sure before I have them installed

Thanks
Old 11-16-2014, 12:38 PM
terry s
Racer

Originally Posted by iDoLiZeDbyALL
Just ordered some power stop slotted/ crossed drilled with the z23 pads...everyone still enjoy or like them? Making sure before I have them installed

Thanks
Had mine for 3 years now. No problems, great brake feel and very little dust.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:46 PM
iDoLiZeDbyALL
Instructor

Originally Posted by terry s
Had mine for 3 years now. No problems, great brake feel and very little dust.
Thats good news. Ive heard some good and bad about them
Old 11-16-2014, 05:56 PM
terry s
Racer

Originally Posted by iDoLiZeDbyALL
Thats good news. Ive heard some good and bad about them
I don't take the car to the track but for street use I think they are great.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:24 AM
iDoLiZeDbyALL
Instructor

Thanks for the info Terry. I will let you know how mine goes once I get them on and the weather stays dry long enough to test them
Old 11-17-2014, 12:42 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Their advertising and website seems to be aimed at the less knowledgeable and less informed DIY car owners. I certainly don't claim to be anywhere near an expert, but I do read and research things that are important to me. When I read ads, I recognize that what is not said can be just as important as what is said.

There is no good - better - best in brakes or tires that fit all usages and conditions. They all have specifications to fit individual applications. The website lacks the real test results and specs that are found on competitor's sites. It leaves only the 3 choices and no criteria to make a decision between them. A keen eye will also spot several errors in just the C6 section alone. When a company fails to have accuracy on their website, it tends to also question faith in their products.

The most important thing about brakes and tires for street use, is whether your car can stop quicker than anyone around you.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Carbotech pads are made of a way higher quality. For street use check out the 1521 compound.

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone used Powerstop brake pads?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone used Powerstop brake pads?