C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding an Alternative Slave Cyl

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:06 AM
SETc6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding an Alternative Slave Cyl

I can seem to get this fixed... I have replaced now 3 slave cylinders on my 2005 c6 z51. Last slave only lasted 15 miles before blowing again...

Is there "ANY" aftermarket slave that are more reliable I cannot keep pulling my drive-train loose every weekend, although i can do it in under 3 hours now haha.

Please pm me or post i need a new one asap

Now this pos that blows...
Old 06-26-2011, 01:04 PM
KB9GKC
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SETc6
I can seem to get this fixed... I have replaced now 3 slave cylinders on my 2005 c6 z51. Last slave only lasted 15 miles before blowing again...

Is there "ANY" aftermarket slave that are more reliable I cannot keep pulling my drive-train loose every weekend, although i can do it in under 3 hours now haha.

Please pm me or post i need a new one asap

Now this pos that blows...
I suspect your problem is not the slave cylinder but the failing slave is a symptom of a greater problem.

Douglas in Green Bay
Old 06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

What clutch are you using? The stock slave may not be able to handle the forces of some aftermarket clutch pressure plates...
Old 07-31-2011, 10:04 PM
SETc6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has z06 clutch/flywheel assembly, Had the dealer look at it they warrantied the part for me. swapped it out for me this last time made sure it was working 100%
Old 08-01-2011, 04:38 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

I just put an LS7 clutch and flywheel in mine a couple weeks ago. Holding fine so far with the new slave cylinder. I hope your issue this time is simply a defective part, but could it possibly some kind of alignment issue? I doubt it since the car went back together ok but could be worth investigating
Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 AM
WHYASK
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the LS7 clutch & flywheel will fit a 2005 stock C6 M6 fine... (sorry for the thread jack brand new to the vette world)
Old 08-01-2011, 06:41 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by WHYASK
the LS7 clutch & flywheel will fit a 2005 stock C6 M6 fine... (sorry for the thread jack brand new to the vette world)
Sorry, i should have been more specific. I understand that they are supposed to fit as I don't have any problems with mine (knock on wood). If he has lost 3 slaves, you have to start thnking outside the normal problems. If something isn't aligned properly, the throwout bearing or slave could be hanging up on something or using excessive force to operate. Hydraulics are generally reliable unless there are wear issues or excessive pressures.

This may not be the case, just providing something new to look at. The next time it's apart, look for abnormal wear marks or scraping. Could be an indicator of your problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Finding an Alternative Slave Cyl

Quick Reply: Finding an Alternative Slave Cyl