C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wipers Won't Parf

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 PM
PeteZO6
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Windshield Wipers Won't Parf

I got caught in a little rain today in my '07 ZO6, something I try to avoid. I had to use the wipers and noticed when I turned them off with the stalk they do not park. They are up a couple of inches above the park position - they look bad.

I have looked over the WSW section in the Service Manual which isn't much help to me. It looks like I need to check the the 10A WIPER DWELL fuse, but I'm unable to locate it in the under hood fuse block.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Pete
Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 PM
0Stealth0
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had the same thing happen to me. Seems that the park pin is stuck in the wrong position. I'm trying to fix it right now but not having much luck.

There's a step by step guide here: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=121213

Hope this helps. Btw the title of your post is misspelled :P
Old 06-08-2011, 10:03 PM
PeteZO6
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks Stealth. I checked the link you provided, and decided that I would have the work done by the local Chev. dealer, since I still have an extended warranty. You were right, it was the wiper motor. Theere is no indication of labor involved, but I'd guess at least 2 hours, plus ~$100 for the motor.

BTW, that was a typo, not a misspelling, although the end result is the same. And a title cannot be edited

Pete

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Wipers Won't Parf

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers Won't Parf