C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Tire Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 AM
dino456gt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Tire Monitor

I have this warning on my display after having the rear wheels off and the car on stands while I changed the T/Tube bearings. How do I reset?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,186 Likes on 685 Posts

If it just lost sync, you can go to most major tire shops and they'll resynch it for free or a nominal charge. Takes 2 minutes.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Taking the wheels off won't do anything to the tire pressure sensors.

Butt.....disconnecting the battery will cause the TPMS to lose the last known tire pressures from its memory. Did you disconnect the battery???

Did you drive the car after completing your work???

I bet all you need to do is drive the car faster than 20 mph for a couple minutes to wake up the sensors and get them to send updated pressures to the TPMS computer in the car.

Bob
Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
dino456gt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Tire Monitor

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Taking the wheels off won't do anything to the tire pressure sensors.

Butt.....disconnecting the battery will cause the TPMS to lose the last known tire pressures from its memory. Did you disconnect the battery???

Did you drive the car after completing your work???

I bet all you need to do is drive the car faster than 20 mph for a couple minutes to wake up the sensors and get them to send updated pressures to the TPMS computer in the car.

Bob
I had the battery disconnected and have driven the car and nothing. I guess I'm off to a tire shop. I thought it was going to be a simple fix.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:56 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by dino456gt
I had the battery disconnected and have driven the car and nothing. I guess I'm off to a tire shop. I thought it was going to be a simple fix.
I guess you're not running your original tires/wheels/sensors.

It sounds like you are running a set of sensors that was never properly programmed into the TPMS.

I don't know what model year C6 you have, but if it's a 2005-2009 then you'll need a TPMS/sensor tool to trigger the sensors during the relearn procedure - so, yes, you'll need to got to the tire shop to get them to do the procedure.

If you have a 2010 or newer then you can do the procedure yourself because a tool is not required.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Service Tire Monitor

Quick Reply: Service Tire Monitor