C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery sliding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 11:09 PM
Mikelofty
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Battery sliding?

Hello friends! I’m lucky enough to have joined the family about 2 weeks ago with a 2008 2LT M6. I’ve been reading reading reading and I’ve take a shot at a few very small issues, the car is in great shape. But I’ve noticed a sharp turn was producing a thump up front. I looked around and was relieved to find it was the battery sliding back and forth in the tray... the hold down is as tight as it gets, so is there a spacer, or different bracket I should be looking for?
Very happy to be a member- the C6 has been a dream car for me!

Mikelofty
Old 03-29-2018, 12:21 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelofty
Hello friends! I’m lucky enough to have joined the family about 2 weeks ago with a 2008 2LT M6. I’ve been reading reading reading and I’ve take a shot at a few very small issues, the car is in great shape. But I’ve noticed a sharp turn was producing a thump up front. I looked around and was relieved to find it was the battery sliding back and forth in the tray... the hold down is as tight as it gets, so is there a spacer, or different bracket I should be looking for?
Very happy to be a member- the C6 has been a dream car for me!

Mikelofty
there is a lip around the outside of the battery for the hold down to clamp on.depending on brand of your battery the lip may not be the same.have read that some battery makers supplied a piece to make their battery work in C6 applications

Quick Reply: Battery sliding?