C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK review

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:43 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 193 Posts

Default BBK review

big brake kits look cool but unless you want to spend 4k + on brembos, wilwoods or stoptech thats all theyll do. Enter XYZ, at first I was skeptical, i mean theyre not well known and though not cheap theyre still half the price of the name brand kits, after installing here is my review

packaging:

ive had lots of things shipped to my house this winter and these were among the best, heavy duty boxes, everything wrapped and labeled

fit and finish:

great, you get 2 piece slotted rotors, aluminum calipers with steel pistons; 6 front 4 rear. ferro ceramic pads, stainless steel lines

install:

pretty smooth, i went a different route and used spacers behind my stock wheels and needed longer studs, that was a pain so the actual brakes were a breeze. the instructions are universal which is ok, ive never done brakes before and i had them in in under 2 hours. the only issue i had was one of the rotor's bolt holes needed to be filled slightly to fit, no big deal. i flushed my system and used wilwood 600 brae fluid which boils at 626 dry.

driving impression

ouch was the first word out of my mouth when i hit the brakes hard going 30 mph, these grab and hold very well. im not a professional driver but i like how these feel, definately stops harder than before. my z51s would fade from continuous stops from 140, im excited to see how these compare

overall

if your on the fence for brakes or considering upgrading to z06/ GS brakes spend a little more and get a setup thats more track ready

thank you to superman09 and tstar for dealing with my countless questions and providing quality brakes your average jo can afford
Old 02-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What size spacers did you us on the front wheels? Brand & studs? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:59 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith N
What size spacers did you us on the front wheels? Brand & studs? Thanks!
1/2'' billet spacers from wilwood, i bought some from summit and they cracked when the wheels were torqued

the studs were from DRM, i really like them, same length as stock so they go in easy but they have the necessary extra .5'' thread. i messed one up and doug sent me out an extra

the studs were the worst part, the fronts popped right out, the rears needed the parking brake removed and the dust cover drilled so they could pass through, each stud then had to be pulled through which was a nightmare, as you put enough torque the hub would spin, so i put a rod wedged to the ground, try again and no the rod is lifting the car up, so an additional hammer was used to counter the rotation of the wrench. an impact gun would have made this much smoother
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Glad you love them! I had the same words out of my mouth when testing mine as well!

Get notified of new replies

To BBK review

Quick Reply: BBK review