C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on how to remove Apillars

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:22 AM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Info on how to remove Apillars

Did this today in about 30 minutes time. One of the easiest things I have done so far besides the removal of the tail lights: Got some help from another forum member so can't take all the credit but here are some pics of the removal. When I get my finished Carbon fiber pieces I will update with pics. If anybody is interested in these I have a great source with excellent pricing on these. PM me for info on CF A pillars and details on removal:

Here are some pics:

1st screw to remove to gain access to A pillar and weatherstripping

plastic black pieced removed

Drivers side plastic cowl piece

bottom hex screw

drivers side weather stripping removed to expose screws

3 philips screws under stripping

Final pull off of Pillar very easy

drivers side removed

A pillar

None of the rivets you see on either side are removed making this a simple uninstall/install process

Last edited by studiovette; 01-03-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:47 AM
'VETTE PHASE
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by studiovete
Does anybody have a write up on this, I can't seem to find anything on any of the sections. I am trying to remove them so I can send them in to be done in CF

thank you! Happy New Year
PULL......HARD.

Seriously they just pull off. Pull straight back towards the back of the car and keep it in the same orientation. In other words, try to pull it straight back as a unit. It is usually easier to get the top part started but don't try to pull the top and then the bottom.

I've got a picture of the backside of one, but I can't find it. If you can't get it off, let me know and I'll take one of mine off and take a pic of it so you can see what I'm talking about.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:15 PM
studiovette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 'VETTE PHASE
PULL......HARD.

Seriously they just pull off. Pull straight back towards the back of the car and keep it in the same orientation. In other words, try to pull it straight back as a unit. It is usually easier to get the top part started but don't try to pull the top and then the bottom.

I've got a picture of the backside of one, but I can't find it. If you can't get it off, let me know and I'll take one of mine off and take a pic of it so you can see what I'm talking about.
I found the info I was looking for but are you talking about the same part as I am? I was referring to the outside of the A pillar not the interior side. I found out today you have to remove weather stripping and 7 screws on each side, passenger side and drivers side but now I know how to remove the other side 2.

Last edited by studiovette; 01-01-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:25 PM
'VETTE PHASE
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I found the info I was looking for but are you talking about the same part as I am? I was referring to the outside of the A pillar not the interior side. I found out today you have to remove weather stripping and 7 screws on each side, passenger side and drivers side but now I know how to remove the other side 2.
Well, you didn't say that....I do have some of them downstairs.

The best I can remember, it seems like one of those screws is kind of hidden.

While I've got you, I see that you have been looking for some small items. Why don't you send me a list of some of the little stuff that you are looking for and I'll see what I've got and maybe I can help you out.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:45 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 'VETTE PHASE
Well, you didn't say that....I do have some of them downstairs.

The best I can remember, it seems like one of those screws is kind of hidden.

While I've got you, I see that you have been looking for some small items. Why don't you send me a list of some of the little stuff that you are looking for and I'll see what I've got and maybe I can help you out.
Can you get them out and then put them back with the roof panel on the car or does the roof panel have to come out first to put them back? I ask because I have a Z06
Old 01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
DirtyDogOfTheDesert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt the roof is an issue. If you look in the one photo, the roof still on the car.

I have a set of painted A-pillar covers to install on my car, but don't get home from work for 3 more weeks. If you haven't done yours by then I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DirtyDogOfTheDesert
I doubt the roof is an issue. If you look in the one photo, the roof still on the car.

I have a set of painted A-pillar covers to install on my car, but don't get home from work for 3 more weeks. If you haven't done yours by then I'll let you know how it goes.
well, I do not have any to put them on yet, I like to do my homework ahead of time. I ask because I seem to remember what service guy was telling me long time ago when asked about Z06, I think getting them out should be fine, it is the reinstalling that concerns me... The fit is very snug on Z06. I hope I am wrong about it.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:54 PM
studiovette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by petermj
well, I do not have any to put them on yet, I like to do my homework ahead of time. I ask because I seem to remember what service guy was telling me long time ago when asked about Z06, I think getting them out should be fine, it is the reinstalling that concerns me... The fit is very snug on Z06. I hope I am wrong about it.
Not 100% sure on the Z06 but they come off and go on easily on a regular coupe. I will post my new CF ones next week when I have some time. Next to do is the windshield cowl! YAY!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:39 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Not 100% sure on the Z06 but they come off and go on easily on a regular coupe. I will post my new CF ones next week when I have some time. Next to do is the windshield cowl! YAY!
easy to find out, just leave the roof panel in place while replacing them
Old 02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Bumping this up because I still would like to know the definitive answer

Get notified of new replies

To Info on how to remove Apillars

Quick Reply: Info on how to remove Apillars