C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange window indexing problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:28 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by jcarter29072
My 2010 ZR1 (only 3,000 miles), is having the issue with the drivers window wanting to index up, then down, then up then down, about 6 times then stops. I've tried disconnecting battery & the 5 sec. trick, no solution. If anything, it created different symptoms. At one point my door (Drivers only) would only open manually, and the drivers window was stuck down, then after sitting 8 hours it started working just not indexing properly.
I just got the car and can only assume the battery is original from 2010, but shows a good charge and cranks beautifully. In short, I have dropped it off to the dealer and will know something next week.

Stay tuned !
If it's only one window I would suspect the window regulator electronics are going.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:24 PM
jcarter29072
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window Indexing

Originally Posted by jcarter29072
My 2010 ZR1 (only 3,000 miles), is having the issue with the drivers window wanting to index up, then down, then up then down, about 6 times then stops. I've tried disconnecting battery & the 5 sec. trick, no solution. If anything, it created different symptoms. At one point my door (Drivers only) would only open manually, and the drivers window was stuck down, then after sitting 8 hours it started working just not indexing properly.
I just got the car and can only assume the battery is original from 2010, but shows a good charge and cranks beautifully. In short, I have dropped it off to the dealer and will know something next week.

Stay tuned !

Well, It appears it was low voltage from the car not being driven! The battery has yet to fail, but I think it is the original battery, so I will be buying one sooner or later, and I'm keeping the car for a while, so a new battery is on the way!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Freedmilk
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just picked up my car from the body shop yeaterday and I noticed the index problem for the drivers side. Came to the forum for advice and by doing the method stated in the post it works..
The following users liked this post:
grprou@aol.com (08-08-2020)

Quick Reply: Strange window indexing problem...