C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing BB Bullets & Rez X Pipe ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 05:51 AM
HDDP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing BB Bullets & Rez X Pipe ?'s

Fellow members, any insight would be appreciated,

I have a set of Billy Boat Bullets and Resonator X Pipe in transit and will be installing them myself on a '06 C6 A6 Base, when they arrive. Any BUGABOO's I should be aware of ? BB's online install manual is brief at best http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/corvett...lete%2Dsystem/

I'm a gearhead with with quite a bit of experience working on my own DD vehicles and racecars over the years, but this C6 is new to me and BB is a mfg. whom I have never dealt with.

I've purchased AM mods from a lot of mfg's who advertise their products as a direct bolt-on, but they fail to mention "cutting this, rerouting that, etc." So, anyone have some "HEAD'S-UP" on this ?

Just remembered my welding tank is empty... Am I going to need to rush off and refill it ?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by HDDP; 11-07-2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: added Sig Pic
Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Mike08c6
Intermediate

Default B&b

Not sure about the bullets but just installed the fusions and was a direct swap out. Im impressed with B&B and there product.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
SERENITY_NOW
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Install

My Bullets went on with ease. My only complaint was trying to get the exhaust tips level and matching in height and depth. I have LG long tubes with race pipes and DAMN I love the sound. High quality product in my opinion.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
HDDP
Intermediate

Thanks for the info Serenity & Mike... That's what I was hoping to hear... I'll add the headers, sans cats, as soon as I can find a reasonably close (experienced) tuner with a dyno. Not too many vette pro's in the Charleston, SC area... Might have to make a trip to Charlotte, NC for a good hands-on tune....
Old 11-09-2010, 09:40 PM
HDDP
Intermediate

2 1/2 hours start to finish... Only problem was getting the OEM passenger side pipe out over the axle... Got impatient and took the plasma cutter to it... Nice throaty sound now... Happy that I opted for the X pipe with resonator, otherwise it may have been a bit too much for the neighbors

Get notified of new replies

To Installing BB Bullets & Rez X Pipe ?'s

Quick Reply: Installing BB Bullets & Rez X Pipe ?'s