C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Cam Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
HPAvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Cam Recommendations

Have my C6 For Sale but if it doesnt sale I want to do a couple of changes to it like getting the heads ported and installing a Cam and a Stall converter but I want to hear a some suggestions form people that have done this like what Cam is a good option and also what Stall size and brand is good to go with. Any reccomendations would be gladly appreciated it .

Car is a:
2008 C6 with 1 7/8 Kooks with X pipe
Ported LS3 intake and TB and Vararam CAI
Old 11-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, this subject has been covered on many threads. So you can do a search and find many suggestions.

Don't take this the wrong way, but what if you take it to one of the reputable shops in Texas and buy the biggest lift and longest duration cam that will fit. Get the highest torque converter, too.

Then drive it. If you like it, keep it .

But if you don't like it (and I bet you won't), take it back and tell the shop what you don't like from the first try and take their advice.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:59 PM
HPAvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mez
OK, this subject has been covered on many threads. So you can do a search and find many suggestions.

Don't take this the wrong way, but what if you take it to one of the reputable shops in Texas and buy the biggest lift and longest duration cam that will fit. Get the highest torque converter, too.

Then drive it. If you like it, keep it .

But if you don't like it (and I bet you won't), take it back and tell the shop what you don't like from the first try and take their advice.
Dont get me wrong I have done research on what I want I am looking at the G6X3 Cam and doing a Converter from PI or Circle D around the 2800 range and the heads I am getting them ported and milled here locally with a reputable person here . I have done research !!!! I just wanted some suggestions on what people have done and what kind of results they have gotten. I am looking at getting to the 10.4 or 10.5 area N/A

Get notified of new replies

To Help! Cam Recommendations

Quick Reply: Help! Cam Recommendations