C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCP/HKE LS3 416 an 427 Engine Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Looking to do a 416 built for boost at some point. I'm currently on the stock LS3 with a blower cam and a D-1SC.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM
099blancoss
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

Did I just talk to you on the phone?
Old 04-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

No that wasn't me.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:04 AM
099blancoss
Former Vendor

ttt
Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 PM
099blancoss
Former Vendor

Now accepting build requests
Old 08-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Smoke23
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking to build either LS 390, 402 or a 408. I will be running either a YSI, ProCharger or Twin Turbos on this as well as a 2 stage shot. I called Erik about 4 wks ago and he asked
me to email him and I have yet received anything back. This is a Mustang Notch build..

Smoke
Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
099blancoss
Former Vendor

pm sent, thank you
Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 PM
seans857
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoss
pm sent, thank you
How much for my stock LS2 short block to stroked 402?

Last edited by seans857; 11-12-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Cajuncrawfishco
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Questions re MY HKE 9 month old motor.............

I had Dallas Performance install a HKE...........LS3 in my 2008 Z51 C-6 back in February 2011. I reported what I deemed a low oil pressure soon after. I had (one reply) from Erik/HKE owner from a forum post then never heard back with additional questions? I found that calling/leaving voice mail and email was in effective at the time. As is.......when my car is around 208-225 oil temps and even lower temps around 190-208F.....my oil pressure at idle will sit around 15/18 psi sometimes 20 but many times idels at 15/18 psi. Going down the road at cruise around 1700-2000 rpms I do NOT see much above.........28-32 psi. It does NOt shoot much past this ever when warmed up. NO idea what tolerances were set up as but was told I have nothing to worry about? I fear differently and would love some feedback and to KNOW what it takes to get Erik to contact me back re my short block motor they built in February 2011. More so what are common oil pressures one "should expect" to see in a new motor from them? It seems low to me but perhaps I am wrong I certainly hope so?

I am a pilot so things like this oil pressure situation.........concern me based on what "limited mechanical knowledge" I tend to have after flying airplanes for 26 years and having former built cars /motors etc.

IS this type of oil pressure NORMAL in a standard LS3 rebuild from them? IF I drove to Houston (from Dallas) can you set up a direct appointment with this owner to check all tolerances as I would hate to have this new motor grenade on me and especially so soon after a rebuild with all new forged internals. BTW I am running suggested synthetic AMS Oil 20/50w so about as thick an oil as one can run and yet still commonly see at idel when warm 15-20 psi and not much rise past 30/35max at any other point. IF normal with nothing to worry about great BUT how will this company back that up for me please advise........ 50 something degree day today and I ran about 28 psi driving down the road at most cruising speeds/rpm ranges......seems low and would love to speak to Erik/someone at his company who can (will take/make the time) to help me please if you know since you sell his motors.

Thanks so much for your input when able.

dsnell@grandecom.net for my cell/direct contact info.......

Last edited by Cajuncrawfishco; 11-12-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:32 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajuncrawfishco
I had Dallas Performance install a HKE...........LS3 in my 2008 Z51 C-6 back in February 2011. I reported what I deemed a low oil pressure soon after. I had (one reply) from Erik/HKE owner from a forum post then never heard back with additional questions? I found that calling/leaving voice mail and email was in effective at the time. As is.......when my car is around 208-225 oil temps and even lower temps around 190-208F.....my oil pressure at idle will sit around 15/18 psi sometimes 20 but many times idels at 15/18 psi. Going down the road at cruise around 1700-2000 rpms I do NOT see much above.........28-32 psi. It does NOt shoot much past this ever when warmed up. NO idea what tolerances were set up as but was told I have nothing to worry about? I fear differently and would love some feedback and to KNOW what it takes to get Erik to contact me back re my short block motor they built in February 2011. More so what are common oil pressures one "should expect" to see in a new motor from them? It seems low to me but perhaps I am wrong I certainly hope so?

I am a pilot so things like this oil pressure situation.........concern me based on what "limited mechanical knowledge" I tend to have after flying airplanes for 26 years and having former built cars /motors etc.

IS this type of oil pressure NORMAL in a standard LS3 rebuild from them? IF I drove to Houston (from Dallas) can you set up a direct appointment with this owner to check all tolerances as I would hate to have this new motor grenade on me and especially so soon after a rebuild with all new forged internals. BTW I am running suggested synthetic AMS Oil 20/50w so about as thick an oil as one can run and yet still commonly see at idel when warm 15-20 psi and not much rise past 30/35max at any other point. IF normal with nothing to worry about great BUT how will this company back that up for me please advise........ 50 something degree day today and I ran about 28 psi driving down the road at most cruising speeds/rpm ranges......seems low and would love to speak to Erik/someone at his company who can (will take/make the time) to help me please if you know since you sell his motors.

Thanks so much for your input when able.

dsnell@grandecom.net for my cell/direct contact info.......
Old 11-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Cajuncrawfishco
Instructor

Default Not looking for popcorn/nor a big ordeal need some feedback

When cold let me add..........45 psi during start slight rpm bump oil pressure hits 50ish. My concerns/questions are all about when warmed up what it falls to........or will stay at during normal cruise. It was not built for any specific race application although I am running a D1 Pro charger/meth/cam 800 plus rwhp it made. Hopefully.........I will hear back from he who can help me out here that being who built the short block at HKE. Like to hear from any one else re what they believe oil pressure should be......if anyone knows in a motor like mine. Hope Erik will contact me back to help me out since I do have a HKE motor in my car.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Cajuncrawfishco
When cold let me add..........45 psi during start slight rpm bump oil pressure hits 50ish. My concerns/questions are all about when warmed up what it falls to........or will stay at during normal cruise. It was not built for any specific race application although I am running a D1 Pro charger/meth/cam 800 plus rwhp it made. Hopefully.........I will hear back from he who can help me out here that being who built the short block at HKE. Like to hear from any one else re what they believe oil pressure should be......if anyone knows in a motor like mine. Hope Erik will contact me back to help me out since I do have a HKE motor in my car.
What viscosity of oil are you using? I recently switched from 5w-30 to 10w-30 and saw an increase of 10psi across the board.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by 99blancoss
You should be contacting who ever you bought it from at Dallas Performance to be honest.
I don't have a clue what the engine was built for and wasn't involved at all so it's really not proper for me to all of a sudden get involved.
Get a hold of your contact at Dallas Performance and ask them to follow through with you. I only know what Erik and I do together and clearances are set per application. If you have a heavily boosted motor then it has to be accounted for.

Not trying to "not" be helpful but I should not be stepping in on someone elses project/sale. I will send him an email and ask him to look at this thread and your post though.

There are way too many variables at play besides the shortblock. If you have a ported oil pump, I'd start there. I've run the full spectrum of issues for oil pressure that had nothing to do with the engine.

Posting on this vendor's thread that you had issues without first identifying the issue as a shortblock is just plain wrong. HKE is top shelf as is Dallas Perf, but I fail to see why you are posting here when you didnt buy the engine from Chris nor did Chris install it. To illustrate, If you buy rocker arms from LG Motorsports in a H/C install, you dont go posting on thunder racing's threads just because they sell the same rockers.

If you were looking for help, a PM would have been more appropriate.

HKE short blocks are my first choice.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:15 AM
Cajuncrawfishco
Instructor

Default Sorry did not perceive such a stir........

Originally Posted by SpinMonster

There are way too many variables at play besides the shortblock. If you have a ported oil pump, I'd start there. I've run the full spectrum of issues for oil pressure that had nothing to do with the engine.

Posting on this vendor's thread that you had issues without first identifying the issue as a shortblock is just plain wrong. HKE is top shelf as is Dallas Perf, but I fail to see why you are posting here when you didnt buy the engine from Chris nor did Chris install it. To illustrate, If you buy rocker arms from LG Motorsports in a H/C install, you dont go posting on thunder racing's threads just because they sell the same rockers.

If you were looking for help, a PM would have been more appropriate.

HKE short blocks are my first choice.

Days away from here............First I have talked to DP before and am seeking additional input so seemed logical to post in this thread. Second, IF the owner of HKE you obviously favor would ever return my calls/ from the past I would consider more direct contact.. Yet since he did not......nor has not........and still has not even after this post I thought that one of you who do seem to favor his motors may have some feedback re my possible situation? SINCE posting........I have spoken to a former builder of his who did return my call promptly to discuss and now I realize several additional "inputs" of info that any of you could have possibly shared vs getting so defensive re my post. I did not come on here seeking info to start a debate..........I came to see IF any of you.......who apparently have direct contact with this guy might "suggest to him" that there is a guy posting who really seems tow ant to talk with him since all other measures failed with the exception of one reply from him last year to me much like after posting a post like I just did. Seemed like it might make sense to do it again as I never heard back from him with additional questions after........his one brief reply to me. I own three businesses myself and I make it a point to return calls/emails especially IF inquiring about something they bought from me. NOT sure if the two of you who did not like my post contacted this guy but if you did.........I still have not heard back? Regardless......I was able to speak to a former builder of his who was able to answer my questions without the actual owners input. WE are all "busy" but basically ignoring replying to a person after buying a motor that cost thousands I have a hard time supporting as justified either. I can have the best product in the world........but if I do not communicate effectively with those who are buying it then it can really be an issue for me. Did not dawn on me to try HKE direct again as it did not work before sorry just the facts. 30 minutes on the phone with the other guy set some possible concerns at ease OR at least gave me some direct feedback of logical things to look in to, to determine if my motor has issues or not. Thanks..........I got my answers I was seeking not trying to start some forum war......please do NOT fault me for being a bit pessimistic based on past attempts to speak to Erik. IF other means of communication had worked for me before outside of posting like this in a thread like this to reach him, than..........I would have done exactly that. Sorry to have ruffled some feathers......perhaps you can ask Erik to shoot me a email with his cell so I could speak to him directly. Thank you.....
Old 11-22-2012, 05:25 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Default Confusing

I think contacting the manufacturer was the best thing he did the boards are used to help people, not see who can **** the farthest. I think everyone should be helpful in here especially when spending that kind of money.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:34 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RamAir972003
I think contacting the manufacturer was the best thing he did the boards are used to help people, not see who can **** the farthest. I think everyone should be helpful in here especially when spending that kind of money.
McDonald's- chicken breast made by example: HKE

Wendys- chicken breast made by HKE.

BUT JOHN DOE PURCHASED CHICKEN AT WENDYS:

WHO DOES HE CALL TO COMPLAIN TO ABOUT THE MEAT:

MANUFACTURE HKE.

Just trying to understand both sides. Logical thing to do is contact the manufacturer correct, instead of pointing fingers.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Cajuncrawfishco
Instructor

Default You are correct..........100%

"Your questions should have been answered from the person you did business with simple as that."

ULTIMATELY I bought a short block from HKE so when the other company I bought it through had difficulties reaching the guys company who built it..........sorry like I said, a simple call or additional email reply would have taken care of my questions.

It has NOTHING to do with the way you run your business at all sounds like it is 100% above board.

However, if I were the other business owner after speaking to you..........I would have been back in this thread in a split second to ask (me) what else can I answer for you or give him my cell so I could address the questions.

Sadly all of this still has yet to yield a direct reply from who I had hoped to hear back from since the one/only reply in June.

Sorry for the hard feelings..........it is nothing against you/your business at all. GLAD to know that you deem it important to respond as you do all the more reason I am sure you do a lot of installs etc.

Get notified of new replies

To CCP/HKE LS3 416 an 427 Engine Pricing

Old 11-22-2012, 12:44 PM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Default 427

Hopefully we can all understand where each of us is coming from. I can't wait for my build. Any way I need a quote on shortblock 427 455 500 please. Dry sump lets get this thread going again. Thanks sorry Cajun didn't mean to get anybody heated up.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:59 PM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Never harassed you sir.... I PM you my number and you continue to ignore me. See I don't post to prove anything I was just asking and helping both of you out that's why I deleted my post to be respectful to you and HKE. Never said they were bad period. I just know of 2 that went boom. Again all he wanted was Erik to contact him. Again Im sorry that you dont want my business.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:05 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

FWIW, In my opinion, 99blancoss is one of the best, more helpful vendors on this site. I know he personally went out of his way to try and help me with one of my issues and asked for nothing in return. I hope he stays a vendor as I imagine I'll need a motor sooner or later and I would love to make a purchase through him.

Quick Reply: CCP/HKE LS3 416 an 427 Engine Pricing