C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking Your A6 to The Next Level - Tuning to have the best of both worlds

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Taking Your A6 to The Next Level - Tuning to have the best of both worlds

Hey guys, we want to make you aware of the enhancements available now as we have been developing our A6 program since the software came out a few years ago and slowly but surely refining it. We now have the most comprehensive A6 programming available for Corvettes, Camaros, Cadillacs, G8s, and Trucks. We are able to offer a personalized transmission tune to however you desire it. For example: The normal drive mode or D can be set up so that it has crisper and less time consuming shifts, yet still be the forgiving daily driver that is most enjoyable for less aggressive driving. Then in sport mode, make it as aggressive as can be done.

This is not for only the "RACER", this is for anyone that is looking to optimize the factory tune. We have tuned 100s of A6s and had no transmission issues. We recently had 2 trans inspected after nearly 2 years running our programming and both techs said the trans looked "brand new". We keep the OEM strategy of the direct relation of throttle input to shift time and firmness; more throttle, faster and firmer shifts. Less throttle light shift pressure and longer duration shifts.

-We can now offer a tri-modal setup (for everything except trucks). The factory normal "D" or "drive" mode is slow and sloppy, on a scale of 1-10 it would be a 1. Some ****s are over 1 full second. We have found that most customers like to take it to about a 4 or 5 (on a scale of 1-10) in terms of shift firmness and shift speed and torque management. In other words a very distinct upgrade over factory: about 40% faster shifts and a mild amount of firmness at lower throttle and moderate.

-We can also make the Sport mode and the Manual mode much more aggressive; able to chirp the tires in between gears even on a completely stock vehicle. We can SAFELY cut down the shift duration to about 2-3 tenths of a second, per gear under heavy throttle without any compromise to the longevity of the trans. This would be about a 6-8 (on a scale of 1-10) depending on your personal preference. The shifts are about 60% faster and the firmness is more aggressive to much more aggressive depending on throttle position.

Recently we had a customer with a unique request that we keep the Normal "D" almost completely stock or in a "Wife Mode" but yet he wanted the full blown aggressive shifts under the "sport" mode. We were able to deliver and both husband and wife were very pleased.

For those of you that play around with the paddle shifts and are unhappy with the speed or accuracy of the shifts we have the perfect solution for you. With what we offer, you will be able to hit your shift points much quicker, without having to anticipate the rev limit to such a degree that the stock configuration is.

We have heard many complain about the Manual mode not shifting back to 1st gear in stock trim, we have fixed that issue and we can select the speed where to shift back to whichever gear. We can also cut down the duration of the downshifts as well as set about a heavier throttle threshold for gear kick down.

-We can offer any shade of gray from mild to wild and any blend in between, having different modes (sport, Manual, and Drive) is a beautifully versatile thing!

We have tuned all sorts of power levels from completely stock to aggressively ported heads with large cam strokers with superchargers.

For those that have had their vehicle tuned by others, we have seen numerous opportunities for improvement, as the shifts can be way too aggressive and shorten the life of the trans. or just minimal adjustments that are insufficient and unable to reach the full potential. We have reprogrammed many customers vehicles, and they have been much more satisfied with how in depth we go and all the options that we can provide, by custom tailoring each tune to your specific needs.

In all that we do - whether it is porting or tuning we try to go over above and beyond what is expected, to go the extra mile and can bring the most to the table with over 11 years of experience tuning and modding LSx based vehicles.

Thank you
Jeremy Formato

Last edited by Fasterproms; 08-02-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Great news.

Is this an "in person" tune only or mail order or downloadable? TIA
Old 07-20-2010, 01:41 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Old 07-20-2010, 01:48 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RicK T
Great news.

Is this an "in person" tune only or mail order or downloadable? TIA
If you have HP Tuners, it is very convenient and easy to do, otherwise would need your computer from the vehicle.

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Man
Jeremy did a Grand Sport in PA last trip there, with phenomenal results.

Thanks

Dan
Fasterproms
Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM
MP35N
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $$

How much is the average cost and how long does it take if I send in the ECU?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 03:01 PM
yellowzhz
Advanced

I am also interested as well, let me know.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:30 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MP35N
How much is the average cost and how long does it take if I send in the ECU?

Thanks
Originally Posted by yellowzhz
I am also interested as well, let me know.
If we do it via mail or email it runs $275.00. If you do not have HP Tuners, we would need both the the engine and trans computers to do it properly.

Locally, street tuning is $300.00. If we do a dyno tune it runs $400.00 plus the cost of the dyno time - typically, $60.00 to $120.00.

Thanks

Dan
Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Fineride
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JJFormato
If you do not have HP Tuners, we would need both the the engine and trans computers to do it properly.
Dan
Of course everyone realizes the A6 TCU is internal to the transmission and can not easily be removed.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

For anyone going to Carlisle or in the North East and would like to have your A6 tuned, Jeremy will be in Gettysburg from the 20th of August through the 28th.

See here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/nort...post1574956716

Thank you
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you do a mail order tune how to you set it up?

Do you ask us how we want it or do you have basic set up's?

I like mild in D, wild in S, And race in paddle

Also does it matter for power adders? Gears? Stock or after market stall's?

Thanks for your time
Old 08-10-2010, 02:20 AM
ScoB
Instructor

Can someone recommend where to buy "hp tuners" kit?
Thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 07:43 AM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 140 Posts

Do you support the EFI Live software and tool or only HP tuner?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoB
Can someone recommend where to buy "hp tuners" kit?
Thanks
One of the supporting vendors is Hinson Super Cars.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:56 AM
ScoB
Instructor

the HP Tuners Kit

GM, MPVI Std
or
do I need to get
GM, MPVI Pro
They are 150$ difference???
Old 08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ
If you do a mail order tune how to you set it up?

Do you ask us how we want it or do you have basic set up's?

I like mild in D, wild in S, And race in paddle

Also does it matter for power adders? Gears? Stock or after market stall's?

Thanks for your time

ALL of it matters, and we tailor it based on what YOU want, but the general consensus is exactly as you described, i.e mild to wild. Definitely need to know everything about the vehicle and mods done to it.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fred H.
Do you support the EFI Live software and tool or only HP tuner?
No sir, sorry only HP Tuners

Originally Posted by ScoB
the HP Tuners Kit

GM, MPVI Std
or
do I need to get
GM, MPVI Pro
They are 150$ difference???

Pro is nice with the wide band, but for this purpose it is not necessary.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:11 PM
jmudreamvette
Burning Brakes

Jeromey did an updated tune on my car and It made a HUGE difference in how the tranny acts. I would recommend it to anyone! He takes the time to explain what he is doing and the differnce it will make.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:28 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jmudreamvette
Jeromey did an updated tune on my car and It made a HUGE difference in how the tranny acts. I would recommend it to anyone! He takes the time to explain what he is doing and the differnce it will make.
Thank you for the feed back - it's much appreciated.

Dan
Fasterproms

Get notified of new replies

To Taking Your A6 to The Next Level - Tuning to have the best of both worlds

Quick Reply: Taking Your A6 to The Next Level - Tuning to have the best of both worlds