C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what time of tire is best for c6

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:47 AM
sandysangha
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good tire for the c6

Have 2007 c6 was planning on putting on toyo proxes or michelin pilots and not going bac to run flats had some input. Doea anyone out there have toyo proxes on there vette... the run flats are to over priced and always sliding around not a smooth ride either .. I just drive my vette for pleasure use just street driving but like to open it going to whistler with those crazy corners Alsoif anyone is looking to buy new tires i recommend they check out www.onlinetires.com the price are pretty amazing well i guess for me since i live in canada. I am saving 50%..

Last edited by sandysangha; 04-21-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:01 AM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by sandysangha
I have 07 c6 with goodyear runflats on need to be changed dont know to get the same tires or something else i have heard that these tires are over priced and they wear fast has anyone tried something else than g.y. would be great if could get some input thinking of not going runflat for better ride
You should post up your intended use (track, strip, street etc.). Your location will also play a factor (road conditions, weather etc.).

San
Old 04-20-2010, 07:05 AM
hotroddougie
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with San, it depends on how you drive your car etc.. I just replaced my GY's last week with Micheline Pilot Sport A/S plus and love them! They are MUCH quieter, and don't react to expansion joints as much as the GY's. I wanted to put non-run flats on, but the ones I wanted, Continential extreem contacts, are not available until June or July. I don't track my car.
Best of luck
Doug
Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 PM
sandysangha
5th Gear

hey doug thanks for the reply so u have a much better ride with the pilots i guess they last about the same as goodyears..
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM
c6speedjon
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Kdw2's!!! Love em!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:19 PM
SunnyVette21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In XI Veteran

I chose the Michelin PS2 ZP's as a replacement and am very happy. I track mine though and needed the tires to stick like glue, which they do.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 PM
01redvette
Intermediate

I just put on a set of Nito's. They are fantasic, great traction, and quiet. Not having Run Flats has made it a great car. You need to consider getting rid of Run Flats, no performance and ride like a lumber wagon!

Get notified of new replies

To what time of tire is best for c6

Quick Reply: what time of tire is best for c6