C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to replace C6 rear license plate light ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 PM
cbidwell
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to replace C6 rear license plate light ?

I noticed tonight that my new C6 GS convertible already has a rear license plate light out on the right side! I don't have the service manual (yet), and haven't crawled down to look at this in detail yet. Are these bulbs easy to remove, check and/or replace ? I read somewhere that it takes a 194 bulb for each side - or is it LED ?

Thanks in advance for any help or pics.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:41 AM
cranky
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cbidwell
I noticed tonight that my new C6 GS convertible already has a rear license plate light out on the right side! I don't have the service manual (yet), and haven't crawled down to look at this in detail yet. Are these bulbs easy to remove, check and/or replace ? I read somewhere that it takes a 194 bulb for each side - or is it LED ?

Thanks in advance for any help or pics.
yup, takes a 194 bulb. remove the tailight on the side that is out. reach in and twist and unlock it. then fish the bulb and socket up to the tailight hole and change it. not too bad really,
Old 02-06-2010, 12:50 PM
cbidwell
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks - I fixed it.

The light socket itself was out of the housing and hanging down inside the rear panel by its wire. I reinstalled and locked it in. All works now.

Get notified of new replies

To How to replace C6 rear license plate light ?

Quick Reply: How to replace C6 rear license plate light ?