C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Dumb Question

If I get LS3/7 heads and get a Fast for an LS3, can I bolt them on my LS2 and use the LS2 TB etc?

Last edited by timd38; 01-16-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:43 PM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

A fast intake for a ls3 will not work on ls7 heads but will work on ls3(l92) heads. The ls3 heads with matching fast intake will work on your ls2 with the ls2 throttle body.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:24 AM
timd38
Race Director

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by HorsePowerAddicts
A fast intake for a ls3 will not work on ls7 heads but will work on ls3(l92) heads. The ls3 heads with matching fast intake will work on your ls2 with the ls2 throttle body.
Thanks! I keep hearing how much better the new heads are and if I am going to get new heads and intake, why not get a better setup since it really doesn't cost any more if you are replacing the parts anyway.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Domestic Disturbance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timd38
Thanks! I keep hearing how much better the new heads are and if I am going to get new heads and intake, why not get a better setup since it really doesn't cost any more if you are replacing the parts anyway.
L92 heads were $800 from the dealer(last time I checked) and you may be able to use an L76 intake with your stock T.B. L92 heads flow 315 out of the box - b4 you install them get some pocket work done and they will flow quite nicely. For the intake - if you want the F.A.S.T. intake then you can match the runners b4 installing it. You can pick up some nice H.P. with just a heads and intake swap. Good luck
Old 01-17-2010, 03:48 PM
timd38
Race Director

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Domestic Disturbance
L92 heads were $800 from the dealer(last time I checked) and you may be able to use an L76 intake with your stock T.B. L92 heads flow 315 out of the box - b4 you install them get some pocket work done and they will flow quite nicely. For the intake - if you want the F.A.S.T. intake then you can match the runners b4 installing it. You can pick up some nice H.P. with just a heads and intake swap. Good luck
Thanks for the info. Since I was planning to do heads, intake and cam, why not get rid of the cathedral port heads.

I am not sure that I want to dig into the engine, so I will most likely out source the labor.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Domestic Disturbance
Advanced

Thanks for the info. Since I was planning to do heads, intake and cam, why not get rid of the cathedral port heads.

I am not sure that I want to dig into the engine, so I will most likely out source the labor.
You can save alot by doing your own labor and the money saved means more mods. The LS engines are pretty straight foward and easy to work on if compared to old school small blocks. And if you get to something you can't figure out there is always some one around here that will know the answer.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:45 AM
timd38
Race Director

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Domestic Disturbance
You can save alot by doing your own labor and the money saved means more mods. The LS engines are pretty straight foward and easy to work on if compared to old school small blocks. And if you get to something you can't figure out there is always some one around here that will know the answer.
Thanks! I use to do everything myself, but here is the world according to Tim,

20's, do most anything
30's, not a big deal
40's, why am I doing this
50's, how much does it cost.

I did the brakes suspension, headers etc myself, but when I saw what you have to do to change the cam (steering rack etc), I started asking "how much does it cost"!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Domestic Disturbance
Advanced

Thanks! I use to do everything myself, but here is the world according to Tim,

20's, do most anything
30's, not a big deal
40's, why am I doing this
50's, how much does it cost.

I did the brakes suspension, headers etc myself, but when I saw what you have to do to change the cam (steering rack etc), I started asking "how much does it cost"!
It is quite involved doing a cam swap, but well worth it... IMOA

Get notified of new replies

To Dumb Question

Quick Reply: Dumb Question