C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***no fobs detected***help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 12:23 PM
jones_iraq
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***no fobs detected***help

Last night when the car was running I tried to roll down the windows, but they were not operating. I then turned the car off, then tried to start it....nothing. So I had the car towed to the house. I pulled the 2 month old optima and took it in for a recharging. I also checked the batteries inside of the FOB and they are good. So with everything back together, the car is still not reading either of the fobs. I cant unlock the doors, cant use panic button, nothing. When I push the start button it makes a few clicking noises, but that is it. Please help
Old 12-27-2009, 12:31 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by jones_iraq
Last night when the car was running I tried to roll down the windows, but they were not operating. I then turned the car off, then tried to start it....nothing. So I had the car towed to the house. I pulled the 2 month old optima and took it in for a recharging. I also checked the batteries inside of the FOB and they are good. So with everything back together, the car is still not reading either of the fobs. I cant unlock the doors, cant use panic button, nothing. When I push the start button it makes a few clicking noises, but that is it. Please help
stick one of the fobs in the spot where they go in the glove box. There is a way to reset them but not sure if thats in the manual or not?
Old 12-27-2009, 12:36 PM
jones_iraq
Advanced

Already placed FOBS into the slots, but I cant get a read out on my DIC
Old 12-27-2009, 11:10 PM
wedenny7
Intermediate

Default key fobs not being recognized

Originally Posted by jones_iraq
Already placed FOBS into the slots, but I cant get a read out on my DIC
If both fobs are not being recognized then chances are that your battery is discharged.
If its because of a bad battery your battery may need to be replaced.
If the battery takes a full charge there may be a drain somewhere in the system.
I just went through a battery discharging overnight because of a faulty switch in the passenger seat.
My fobs weren't recognized due to low battery voltage.
If your Vette is still under warranty have Chevy check it out for you.

Get notified of new replies

To ***no fobs detected***help

Quick Reply: ***no fobs detected***help