C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of hatch pull down

Old 11-08-2009, 08:40 AM
dkky
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loss of hatch pull down

My hatch pull down will occasionally stop working. It works fine again after putting the battery on charge for several hours. The car is run daily.

My dealer checked it out exhaustively & can't fine anything wrong with the battery, charging system, or any of the modules involved. In desperation, he suggests putting it on a battery maintainer.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

daily driver being put on a maintainer.......i don't think so!!! sounds to me like the battery is giving up and has a weak cell or cells. your profile shows a 2009 z51, it should still have warranty...get the dealer to replace the battery or replace the auto closer. It may be defective. If they won't, go to a dealer who will.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 676 Posts

The rear hatch pull down not working is not uncommon. I have the same issue and it is not the battery. IIRC, do a search on it and you find some posts on some maintenance that may help.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 PM
dkky
Heel & Toe

This has become a soap opera. In the beginning, it only occasionally wouldn't pull down. As time passed, it happened more frequently until yesterday it wouldn't actuate at all. I thought maybe charging the battery was just coincidental & the real problem might be the failure to always close the switch in the unit; so I shot it with WD40 & left it over night. It has been flawless today. I run it every time I go by.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Robls6
Melting Slicks

Just pull it down hard enough that it closes on it's own. The auto closer is a PITA.

Get notified of new replies

To Loss of hatch pull down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loss of hatch pull down