C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Active Handling...After Procharger!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:17 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I dont know much about tunes..well nothing at all BUT If it the TC/AH is completely OFF then TUNE would not have anything to do with it because AH cannot be tuned. Just a thought and I would be happy digress if Im wrong.

I heard from my dealer tech that Steel brake lines can cause interference with wheel sensors but off means OFF on the TC/AH.

I also had the message to service active handling while it was turned "OFF" at 5k rpms. C0196.. Oh yeah and that sensor was replaced too.

Last edited by SgtRod; 08-17-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtRod
I dont know much about tunes..well nothing at all BUT If it the TC/AH is completely OFF then TUNE would not have anything to do with it because AH cannot be tuned. Just a thought and I would be happy digress if Im wrong.

I heard from my dealer tech that Steel brake lines can cause interference with wheel sensors but off means OFF on the TC/AH.

I also had the message to service active handling while it was turned "OFF" at 5k rpms. C0196.. Oh yeah and that sensor was replaced too.
Did the new sensor correct the problem?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Maybe your right maybe not: The actual system does not interfer with my driving..it just tells me something is not right. If system is turned off it does not activate or make adjustments. But it could still tell you something is not within normal acceptable calibrated perimeters. Ok I just made that up...
Old 08-17-2009, 05:01 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

The new sensor did not fix the problem. Do you know what code your car is setting?

Yeah, when the system is completely off, it will still feel the need to let you know that your sliding

I came to the conclusion that a tuner can mess with certain things but NO TUNNER can eliminate AH. This tells me that the tune cannot be the cause for the system to open its mouth when its shut off.

1 for the good guys
Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

The new sensor did not fix the problem. Do you know what code your car is setting?

Yeah, when the system is completely off, it will still feel the need to let you know that your sliding

I came to the conclusion that a tuner can mess with certain things but NO TUNNER can eliminate AH. This tells me that the tune cannot be the cause for the system to open its mouth when its shut off.

1 for the good guys
The tuner was going to give me a call back today to see if he could adjust the perimeters of the AH. He said the 2008 C6 could be adjusted but noted that they have changed a few things for the 09's. He has not called back yet. I will take to dealer tomarrow to see what code it is showing and let you know.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:29 AM
09WhiteVette
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by trapp
The tuner was going to give me a call back today to see if he could adjust the perimeters of the AH. He said the 2008 C6 could be adjusted but noted that they have changed a few things for the 09's. He has not called back yet. I will take to dealer tomarrow to see what code it is showing and let you know.
trapp,

Did you ever figure out what it was??
I have the same issue! WOT 3rd gear @ 6K RPMs or 4th gear WOT.

Service active handling system code after TI procharger and motor build.

HELP HELP HELP!
Old 11-29-2023, 12:41 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Default Im back!

Just went through the thread. I have a question…What exhaust system do you have on the car?
Old 11-29-2023, 02:18 PM
09WhiteVette
2nd Gear

Just went through the thread. I have a question…What exhaust system do you have on the car?
I have 1 7/8 headers to a gutted highflow cat X pipe and corsa sports. Only thing we did different from previous setup on the build is we gutted the cats due to the methonal.
Old 11-29-2023, 03:07 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Default .

Originally Posted by 09WhiteVette
I have 1 7/8 headers to a gutted highflow cat X pipe and corsa sports. Only thing we did different from previous setup on the build is we gutted the cats due to the methonal.

I had this same exact issue. The active handling would kick in when the car was going straight and jerk the car to the side. Scary shizz. And of course at high speeds WOT at high RPMS

I tuned and tuned…scanned and scanned… changed body control modules… even master cylinder on the brake system and wheel sensors…

I no longer have the car BUT right before getting rid of it, I noticed the headers and B&B bullet exhaust was the problem.

It was just too much of the right frequency in the wrong place…It would make the electronics crazy… I removed it and put something more tame and that seemed to fix it.

Also added an elite insulated tunnel plate later that I think would have let me keep the bullets.

You should try one of these or all:
  • add the insulated tunnel plate
  • put the factory exhaust on if you still have it.
  • wrap the cats

problem could be in that area.

Last edited by SgtRod; 11-29-2023 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:05 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

I've been trying to recall what it was that I changed and never got it again after it happening once. It's been 15 years but it was the 2 bar MAP sensor that then mapped power enrichment differently. The issue stems from throttle postion being different than predicted values with power enrighment. I used the Chevy Cobalt map sensor and adjusted the table. I don't have that car's tune. Sorry guys.

Quick Reply: Service Active Handling...After Procharger!!