C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oem navigation replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:09 PM
ESP89
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oem navigation replacement

I went to my local chevy dealership to ask them if i could replace my broken oem navigation radio in my c6 with another oem unit from another c6 on ebay, and they tell me it will not work. they tell me general motors will not allow it to be programmed to my car. is this true? Or are they lying to me just to sell me another new or refurbished unit? Anyone know anything about this?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:23 PM
TY'Z Vette
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless they changed the rules, I had mine done about 6 months ago... They may need to see some sort of proof of purchase etc.. I would call another local dealer, I am sure you will find one that will do it...

Cost me $75 or $100 cant remember..
Old 09-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

You were misled. You certainly can replace your radio. Think about how silly it would be if the ONLY radio that would ever work is the one it came with. If your radio was not repairable, you would have to buy a new car. There are some restrictions on year and model and it will need to be programmed with a Tek 2.

You can also replace it with an aftermarket radio with navigation. Aftermarket radio’s offer improved features at very competitive prices.

Last edited by Vito.A; 09-21-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Heartless02
Heel & Toe

I just bought and OEM navigation from ebay and had it installed in my vette. It cost me around $80 to get it programmed in my car, so whoever told you that is misleading you.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:02 PM
ESP89
Cruising

Thank you fellas i'm gonna try some other dealers.

Get notified of new replies

To oem navigation replacement

Quick Reply: oem navigation replacement