C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Stuck In 3rd Gear - 07-07-30-006A

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 04:50 PM
c5creech
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 Stuck In 3rd Gear - 07-07-30-006A

Took my 08 A6 Vert with less than 3000 miles on it...to meet a client yesterday...about 75 miles there and back...came back to the office...went to the Post Office...cranked it up...pulled out of the Post Office parking lot and it's stuck in 3rd gear...tried to paddle shift it up and down...nothing. Engine light comes on. So, Immediately I know it's thrown a code...Headed for the office...pulled away from a stop-light...still stuck in 3rd gear...cell phoned my Vette guy at the Chevy dealership and he told me to bring it directly to him and they will check it out... He told me if it does some strange computer stuff and shifts to 4, 5, or 6...just call...and they will come get the car (and me)...

So here's what happened. It's a Solenoid Valve in the Transmission that has to go through a "cleaning Process" IE: Chevy issued service bulletin 07-07-30-006A: Info on Control Solenoid Valve and Transmission control Solenoid Module Assembly Cleaning Procedure for Rear Wheel Drive Six-Speed HYDRA-MATIC Automatic Transmissions when MIL/DTCs Set - (Apr 9, 2009)

Supposedly, if they perform the "Control Solenoid Valve and Transmission Control Solenoid Module Assembly Cleaning" ...a process which involves a computer switching procedure that forces the valve to open and close until it "self cleans" ...then this should, according to Chevy...never be a problem again...

Hmmmmm, I wonder...

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know...if your A6 starts acting "funky" ...there's a service bulletin to cover it...

Quick Reply: A6 Stuck In 3rd Gear - 07-07-30-006A