C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering with spindle?

Old 03-05-2009, 02:47 PM
LT2UnderGlass
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Lowering with spindle?

Found a product review in the april edition of Vette mag. It is an R-Design modular billet-aluminum lowered spindle for 97-09 vettes. One of the more interesting benefits to me, was the lowereing aspect. They claim a 1 inch drop for lowering ride height WITHOUT negatively affecting suspension geometry. They state that a modular design allows for adjustments to roll-center height, camber gain and Ackerman(?). Anyway just wondering if anyone has done this and if you guys think this would be a mod worth doing to simply lower ride height.

PS. The company that makes the product is JM Enterprises...jmenterprises.com. I emailed them for a price and haven't heard back yet....I'm assuming this would be MUCH cheaper than coilovers(for ride heigt adjust.) and "safer" on the suspension geometry than lowering bolts or even lowering on stock bolts.

Opinions please....
Thanks.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Wah
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those spindles are very expensive, if I'm not mistaken it's cheaper to get a set of coilover. Plus, having to readjust everything is not a cheap nor easy process. Toe, camber and caster are one thing, but messing with Ackerman angle, roll center and camber gain is a different story.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:34 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drop spindles are for cars that need to go lower than what the factory shock will allow.

If you took the springs out of the car, it would ride on the bump stops in the shock about 2.5-3.5" off the ground.

With the race cars that drop spindles were designed for, we need to be able to take the springs out, and ride on the ground with out affecting the suspension geometry.

we have been using them in competition since 2004.

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=1937

In other words, It isnt necessary for a street car

Get notified of new replies

To Lowering with spindle?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowering with spindle?