C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW-Control your retrofit bi-mode exhaust from the Dash D.I.C Reset button - Videos !

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:54 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default NEW-Control your retrofit bi-mode exhaust from the Dash D.I.C Reset button - Videos !

This is the revolutionary new Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. NPP/Z06/ZR1 Bi-mode exhaust controller.
This new controller allows you to control your bi-mode exhaust with your dash D.I.C. Reset button and also control your exhaust with a wireless remote!

Now available with my Exhaust Commander All-in-1 bi-mode retrofit kit so choose it from the drop down menu when you order!

The Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. is the first bi-mode exhaust controller to allow both wireless and dash button control of your Corvette bi-mode exhaust! Get the latest cutting edge technology, get the best exhaust controller for your Corvette. This controller has a Zero Battery Drain Remembers last setting feature so you dont have to choose the remembers last setting mode OR Zero Drain, it does both at the same time !

On Sale now! For Factory installed bi-mode exhausts Only $125 plus shipping! -----> Order Link

For the All-in-1 bi-mode retrofit kit with Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. On Sale for $220 plus shipping. ---->> All-in-1 retrofit kit with Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. controller

This product is a brand new design I have developed and is now the most advanced bi-mode exhaust controller that you can buy. Be the first on your block to control your bi-mode exhaust from your dash D.I.C. Reset button.

With this plug and play controller you get the revolutionary new feature of being able to open and close your bi-mode exhaust butterflies right from your dash D.I.C Reset button!

Using the dash D.I.C. Reset button means that while driving and changing your exhaust back and forth from Quiet to Loud you dont have to look for a remote to do it. The D.I.C. button is 2 inches from your finger!

This controller also comes with a wireless remote so you can operate your exhaust from outside the car to show all of your friends how sweet it is to have total control of you bi-mode exhaust, both inside and outside your car!

This product is 100% ZERO Battery Drain when the car is turned off and has Remembers last setting mode!

Check out the video below of it in action on both a C6 and a ZR1!

On my 2005 C6 with retrofitted bi-mode exhaust !

The Very First 2009 ZR1 to have Dash D.I.C. button control !!!!!

Quick Dash Bezel Remove and Install Video

Here are the revolutionary new features of this controller:
You can control your NPP/Z06/ZR1 bi-mode exhaust from your dash D.I.C. Reset button, or use the supplied wireless remote to control your bi-mode exhaust.
This product is 100% Zero Battery drain and also has the Zero Battery drain remembers last setting feature built in so the mode you shut the car off in is the mode it starts up in.

This product is plug and play and no permanent modifications need to be made to the car to use it.
If you choose to remove it at a later time there will be no trace that it was ever there!

The install is as follows: Plug in the power wire fuse adapter, plug the exhaust signal wire into the exhaust fuse location, bolt down the ground ring, Pop off the Dash D.I.C. bezel and hookup the D.I.C. Reset button sensor to the D.I.C. button connector and your done.
Typical install time is 10-15 minutes.

This controller system will come with printed instructions and a CD with a PDF file of the instructions on it so you can view them on any computer.

I build each one of these controllers personally and will be taking care of each and every order from start to finish.

The Kit includes the Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. main unit, a wireless keyfob remote with spare batteries, printed instructions and a cd with the PDF file of the instructions.

On Sale now! For Factory installed bi-mode exhausts Only $125 plus shipping! -----> Order Link

For the All-in-1 bi-mode retrofit kit with Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. On Sale for $220 plus shipping. ---->> All-in-1 retrofit kit with Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. controller

Please allow 7-10 working days from order to shipping.

Controller Installation Process :

Step 1: Fold down the passenger footwell carpet to reveal the fuse panel area.

Step 2:Pull the two fuses that the arrows are pointing to.
In the photo the fuses are already pulled out.

Step 3: Install the fuse adapter as shown in the top fuse slot.
Install the exhaust fuse signal wire into the left side of the exhaust fuse slot as shown,
and tie down the ground ring under the 7mm bolt on the amplifier as shown.

Step 4: Place the main unit underneath the amplifier.

Step 5:
Push the supplied wire feeding tube through the console area from the driver side
to the passenger side.

Step 6: Insert the sensor into the wire feeding tube and secure with electrical tape.

Step 7: Pull sensor wire through the console using the wire feeding tube.

Step 8: Remove dash bezel by pulling out on it at the locations shown.

Step 9: Feed the senor wire up from the bottom of the dash to the D.I.C. button harness area.

Step 10:
Pull the sensor wire up to the D.I.C. button harness area from below.

Step 11: Remove the sensor from the wire feeding tube.

Step 12: The sensor is inserted into the rear of the D.I.C. button connector on the white wire.
Push the sensor in securely and then use electrical tape to secure it
to the existing wiring harness so that it doesn't come loose.

Step 13: Now that all the wiring has been hooked you will test the system to make sure it is working.
Start the car and verify with the wireless remote that the butterflies open and close.
Then test the Dash D.I.C. reset button to verify that the butterflies open and close.
If everything works properly, shutdown the car.

Step 14:
If both the remote and the reset button work correctly then you are ready to put
the dash bezel back on.
Make sure the wiring is tucked back into the dash area and then snap the bezel back in place.

Step 15: Once the bezel is back in place securely, again re-test the system by starting the car and
verifying that the remote and reset button actuate the system to ensure that the sensor did not
come loose when you reinstalled the bezel.

Step 16: Tuck the sensor wire along the console area to the main unit so that it is out of the way and
wont get snagged by passengers. Close the passenger footwell carpet.

You are all done!

Enjoy having control of your bi-mode exhaust
2 inches from your fingertips!

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 01-06-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Dash Bezel remove and install video added.

Full install tutorial with pictures coming tomorrow.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 01-05-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:34 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

The Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP retrofit kit is now available with the Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. controller so you get everything you need to get up and running.

Get the most state of the art retrofit and controller system available!

Ben
Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. Controller install instructions added to the bottom of the first post.

The vacuum retrofit system instructions will be added shortly.

Ben
Old 01-17-2009, 05:23 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks to all who have ordered!

I am looking forward to hearing how you like your new controller.

Ben
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Mike V.
Burning Brakes

Default Awesome stuff Ben!

Congrats, this makes a very cool set up to the next level. I hope it sells well. I'll send you a PM.

Mike V.

PS the vid. for the install doesn't load.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Mike Villareale
Congrats, this makes a very cool set up to the next level. I hope it sells well. I'll send you a PM.

Mike V.

PS the vid. for the install doesn't load.
Hi Mike,

The vids are up and running, you may need to update your flash player if they are not working for you.

Pm received and replied.

Let me know if you need anything.

Ben
Old 01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeCreations
Get one now! Control your bi-mode exhaust from your dash!

Ben
I dont have NPP but I must say after reading your DIC tutorial here, it is EXCELLENT! Very impressive! Not to mention your DASH Controller is very slick!

Last edited by siffert; 01-24-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:10 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by siffert
I dont have NPP but I must say after reading your DIC tutorial here, it is EXCELLENT! Very impressive! Not to mention your DASH Controller is very slick!
Thanks for the compliment!

You could always add the NPP exhaust with my Exhaust Commander All-in-1 retrofit kit.

If you need any other info, let me know.

Ben
Old 02-12-2009, 08:06 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Get one now! Control your bi-mode exhaust from your dash!

Ben
Old 10-13-2009, 06:54 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

so the reset button obviously still works... but each time I push to reset my NPP butterfly will open/close?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
so the reset button obviously still works... but each time I push to reset my NPP butterfly will open/close?
The DASH unit only activates when the reset button is pressed and held for 1 second and then released. So short button presses to reset trip odometers and other functions won't open and close the exhaust.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Sigus
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ben, nice feature! can this be added to one of your existing systems?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:27 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Sigus
Hi Ben, nice feature! can this be added to one of your existing systems?
Yes, just buy the new D.A.S.H. unit and swap it into the older system.

Ben
Old 10-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Didn't know the bezel came out so easy. Great photos and nice videos. Thanks for posting.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW-Control your retrofit bi-mode exhaust from the Dash D.I.C Reset button - Videos !

Quick Reply: NEW-Control your retrofit bi-mode exhaust from the Dash D.I.C Reset button - Videos !