C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** how to make your a6 corvette truly amazing ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 03:03 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default *** how to make your a6 corvette truly amazing ***

Once upon a time....

There were thousands of Corvette owners.... and most of them bought standard shift cars... But why???

Standard shift cars were cool, macho, FAST, and they were MENS CARS...for REAL MEN.

Historically, what self respecting MAN bought an AUTOMATIC VETTE??????

What self respecting MAN would be caught dead in an AUTOMATIC?????

Well, you know...The guys that couldn't drive stick....or maybe the guy with a bum leg.....the poor guy that had to share the car with his wife....You know the type....

Certainly, most WOMEN bought AUTOMATICS.....They were "GIRL CARS"...easy to drive....smooth...and slow....

They were weak, underpowered, they shifted soft.... for sissys....

You didn't buy and AUTOMATIC cause it was fast....You bought it cause you wanted to look cool....You had no intention of racing....You were only going cruising....

And for the poor guys that bought AUTOMATICS....How they were abused by their STICK DRIVING BUDDIES...Everyone made fun of you for buying an AUTOMATIC....How you got TEASED and TAUNTED for your choice of transmission.....

It's been many years since then...Your feelings were hurt....you felt like a wimp.....people still make fun of you till this day......You always REGRETTED buying that AUTOMATIC VETTE...... If you could only go back in time and change the past..... You would buy the stick shift VETTE, BE COOL, GO RACING WITH THE BOYS, and FEEL LIKE A MAN DRIVING A MANS CAR, and NEVER TURN DOWN A CHALLENGE!!!

FAST FORWARD TO 2006

It's now 2006....You like the C6....It's Cool....Got 400hp....and gets 30 MPG....You wanna get a new Vette....WOW, a 6 SPEED AUTOMATIC is available.... Sounds fun...PADDLE SHIFTERS like STAR WARS! HOW SPORTY! You remember the past....and how you got abused for buying the AUTOMATIC.....

OH NO! It couldn't happen again...It's not possible.....IT's 2006 for GODS SAKE! and IT's a 6 SPEED AUTOMATIC.....SURELY IT'S GOT POWER! GM must have finally got it right!.....400hp RIGHT?

You've grown up....You're older now and more mature.....The Automatic seems like a practical choice.....and you say to yourself......

HECK, the damn thing is near 60 GRAND! IT's got to be fast! Right?

So, you muster up the nerve, plunk down your money, and sign the papers and......YOU NOW OWN ANOTHER AUTOMATIC VETTE!!!

You take museum delivery....You take her home...break her in gently, wait 1,500 miles before you go over half throttle....You do EVERYTHING by the book...Hoping that when the 1,500 miles is up.....YOU'RE GONNA GET A PLEASANT SURPRISE!

You change the break in oil....Head out to the highway....CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND STOMP THE PEDAL.......

YES, JUST LIKE BEFORE...YOU'RE THE PROUD OWNER OF AN AUTOMATIC VETTE...ONCE AGAIN.....

The shifts are soft, acceleration is weak, the PADDLES SUCK.....and you're looking at 5 years of payments for a car that you already know YOU HATE.

YOUR FRIENDS WERE RIGHT AGAIN! THEY BOUGHT STICKS, THEIR CARS ARE FASTER......AND THEY ARE COOL.....

AGAIN, YOU ARE NOT...

BUT REMEMBER! REVENGE IS SWEET!

TODAY IS THE DAY THE TIDE CHANGES!
The RULES ARE ABOUT TO BE RE-WRITTEN!

GONE ARE THE DAYS OF WEAK AUTOMATICS, POOR PERFORMANCE, and ABUSE FROM YOUR FRIENDS!!!

INTRODUCING....

YES, IT's FINALLY AVAILABLE @ CoW

A HUGE "THANK YOU" to ARTIE MELENDEZ for donating his BEAUTIFUL RED 08 LS3 A6 AUTOMATIC VETTE!

Not long ago Artie inquired about making his A6 vette faster....So, He got the usual...VARARAM, STAT, TUNE, and some BORLAS..... WOW, was this thing quick!

Next, he tells me..... I want it faster....What else ya got?

Well, ya know Artie...We do have a 3.15 REAR END we're looking to test....and a KILLER TRANS TUNE....

yes, Yes, YES...says Artie...I'LL TAKE IT!!! How quick can you do it????

How bout tomorrow???? I said.......

What do you think Artie's answer was?????? Follow the pics below.....

SO, YOU THINK THAT'S IT??? You think the story ends here?????

WRONG! A few days go by and ARTIE stops by with his car to show off the 3.15 ATTACK PACKAGE to another customer..... While we're talking, I "OOPS" mention that we've got ANOTHER REAR END FOR TESTING... This time it's the 3.42 TOTAL ATTACK PACKAGE! and the FAMOUS CHUCK CoW A6 ATTACK TUNE!!!!

ARTIE is close by and hears me mention it to the other customer......What do you think happens next?????

OK, OK, OK, Artie....YES, You can ALSO have the 3.42....Drop it off tonight!!!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS "OMG"...
These REAR ENDS drive almost EXACTLY LIKE STOCK....SMOOTH AND RELIABLE....NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW...

That is.....Untill you BOOT THE THROTTLE and the TIRES BEGIN TO SMOKE AT 60 MPH!!!!

CRUISE RPM's @ 70 MPH in 6th gear are...

1,850 rpms for 3.15's and 1,975 rpms for 3.42's
WOW! That's ALL???

Yesterday, we got a call from a customer that just got the new "Chuck CoW A6 tune and stat"....He went 11.99 with some simple bolt-ons and our tune...See link below.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ight=chuck+cow

DANGEROUSLY FAST!

Honestly, I can't even begin to think how fast a similar A6 with either of our ATTACK PACKAGES could be....

PLEASE CALL US FOR YOUR NEEDS and a QUOTE!
THERE ARE MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE. TOO MANY TO LIST.

Who'se gonna have the LAST LAUGH NOW???

ATTENTION ALL STANDARD SHIFT CORVETTES!!!!
YOU MUST SURRENDER AT ONCE!
SURRENDER----OR BE TAKEN!!!

STICKS WATCH YOUR BACKS...Cause the A6's ARE GONNA ATTACK!!!
Chuck CoW
Old 12-21-2008, 09:43 AM
cheakster
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default On the way!

Chuck,

ECM & TCM are in the mail! They were supposed to be there Friday, but I got an e-mail saying they were out for delivery-BUT are delayed until Monday for "reasons they cannot control". Are you enjoying your weather up there?
You'll get them Monday...Torque me up, man!
Dan
Old 12-21-2008, 09:56 AM
d48mclain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to frickin funny....... Think we all know, the best humor is based in truth.

Was weaned on power shifting so I'm a pretty hard core “like to shift um” person. What comes with that however: is a brand new six speed transmission sitting on the floor right now still on the wooden delivery crate. A new flywheel sitting on my toolbox. And, getting ready to spend all fricken day changing everything out.

Typically change out clutch assemblies about every couple of years on a car driven very little and seeing no track time at all anymore. You're talking me into the auto stuff. Humm... so has Nissan, Ferrari, etc.

BTW…. The car to the left is for sale. Highest N/A powered street driven C4 on the Forum, $8k paint job, winning best in class at the 2007 Autorama. The real deal.

Got to make room for my…new auto, no my new six speed, no my new auto. Now I’m confused.

Thanks………loved the post.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
MR. Johnny
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more

No more abuse A team. We dash it out now.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:53 AM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 136 Posts

I was one of Chuck's earlier 3.15 installs, ( 11/07 ). It is truly amazing, in conjunction with his tune, the transformation this creates. Totally different car. So much fun to drive now. A complete beast off the line, and keep it pointed straight if you have any inclination to stab it at any speed. I usually make the pilgrimage to see Chuck for an update, at least once a year, and did that last October. It is always a pleasure to spend time with him driving my car, listening to his stories, and his explaining of exactly what he is doing to the car and why.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Silver Bullet C6
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

Chuck,

I'm looking at a gear swap/tune for my 2008 A6.
How would I be able to get your product / service in the Dallas area ?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:44 PM
JayplaySS2
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Great post Chuck. I will have my heads back on by next week and then I will grab a FAST for Spin to port. Then I am looking for your 3:15. With H/C/FAST/3:15/150 shot, it should be decent.

Then its a C6Z or a 402, Im not yet sure.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:47 PM
JayplaySS2
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet C6
Chuck,

Yank the TCM. Its easy, I can help walk you through it and even give you my phone number incase you get hung up. Very easy and worth ever second of labor.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...made-easy.html
Old 12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
racerx8
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I got the 1st or 2nd CoW 3:15s and what a difference, 3:42 even better. Chuck retuned my A6 three times now, 1) stock gears, 2) 3:15 install and 3) late summer when we installed an '08 trans controller and then tuned w/'08 software & CoW A6 tune. Actually we tuned the hell out of my car that nite and Chuck uses that tune now it was so good.
CoW 3:15s or 3:42s with a CoW A6 tune = great $$$ value = awesome bang for your buck.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default I've got the answer.....

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet C6
Chuck,

I've got the answer..... Jay is right...You can call him and remove the TCM to send to me.....

OR

I can send you the rear and you install it....THEN, you drive to HOUSTON at the end of January and I do the tune for you at VARARAM!

Either way works for me.
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To *** how to make your a6 corvette truly amazing ***

Quick Reply: *** how to make your a6 corvette truly amazing ***