C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halltech installation question....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
steil01
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halltech installation question....

Hey guys,

I just traded my '05 C6 and bought a new '09 M6 Z51 CRM....I had a Halltech CAI on my '05 and bought the new Killer Bee for my '09, even before I took delivery....had time on my hands waiting for delivery and couldn't wait to buy some mods. Anyway, I popped the hood and noticed that the MAF on the 2009 has a "black box" attached on the passengers side off of the MAF. I haven't started the install yet but the setup looks different than my 2005 and it doesn't show this piece in the installation guide. Is there any difference in the installation? Halltech says it's good for the 2006-2009 LS3 but my engine compartment/intake setup looks different. Just looking for the pro tip before I start cutting and find out I have the wrong part...

Thanks for help!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 585 Likes on 314 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by steil01
Hey guys,

I just traded my '05 C6 and bought a new '09 M6 Z51 CRM....I had a Halltech CAI on my '05 and bought the new Killer Bee for my '09, even before I took delivery....had time on my hands waiting for delivery and couldn't wait to buy some mods. Anyway, I popped the hood and noticed that the MAF on the 2009 has a "black box" attached on the passengers side off of the MAF. I haven't started the install yet but the setup looks different than my 2005 and it doesn't show this piece in the installation guide. Is there any difference in the installation? Halltech says it's good for the 2006-2009 LS3 but my engine compartment/intake setup looks different. Just looking for the pro tip before I start cutting and find out I have the wrong part...

Thanks for help!
I think I answered this by email already, but it is for sound dampening.

Here is what you can look forward to with the right tune and headers, Killer Bee and Beehive:

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Quick Reply: Halltech installation question....