C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower info request

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:38 PM
cwwinslow
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower info request

I am hoping to research blower performance, noise and cost for my 07 C6. I posted an earlier thread and heard good results on several. Iwould like to keep my stock hood and blower noise as low as possible.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 AM
LS2-Zomb!e
Safety Car

Pro Charger
Old 10-03-2008, 08:54 AM
AintQik
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Post in the FI section!

1st buy a kit from a good vendor. A@A or ECS would be my top choices. They include extras and lil tweeks that make the install and final product that much better.

Blower noise to me is like a sweet siren so its hard for me to comment on a quiet blower. However, I'm a big fan of Paxton and Vortech. I've run every one of the centrifugal blower excluding a few of the real off brands and those 2 are tops IMO.

I'm running a pretty big JT right now and its not qiuet
Old 10-03-2008, 01:40 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

The quitest, the most powerful and proven system for the Corvette is the Paxton. You can see our see our C6 system here.... http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/SC600.html

It's not the cheapest system on the market, and it shouldn't be - as it is the most complete. You can spend less, and go slower, as well as add more parts later on, but the ECS kit works. Everytime.

Give us a call, or shoot me an email if you have any questions. 609-752-0321, mike@eastcoastsupercharging.com.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Rainmaker
Racer

Originally Posted by cwwinslow
I am hoping to research blower performance, noise and cost for my 07 C6. I posted an earlier thread and heard good results on several. Iwould like to keep my stock hood and blower noise as low as possible.
The A&A Vortec is the best engineered system on the market. If you want a quiet SC, go with the A&A Vortec SQ (Super Quiet) series.

They just released a "Ram-Air" Intercooler. They are the only ones with this feature to keep IAT (Intake Air Temp) low, with a huge distance between the intercooler and the radiator to increase airflow through the radiator.
Take a look here to see what it looks like.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...977&highlight=

Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-03-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:24 AM
HOTSOSS
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is anyone (vendor) using the same blower as used on the ZR1? I've noticed that it is pretty quiet as far as blower wine is concerned and apparantely adds a lot of HP too.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Dgatto
Pro

Originally Posted by LS2-Zomb!e
Pro Charger
Old 10-04-2008, 03:49 PM
corvettedoctor
Advanced

You want power and reliability and better fuel mileage go with A&A Supercharging. Andy has the best under the hood system going. I have worked with a lot of them from him. They are simply the best under the hood systems. With a good tuner you will get 1 to 2 miles better fuel mileage on highway.

Chris
Old 10-04-2008, 04:02 PM
cwwinslow
Intermediate

I think the ZR1 is equipped with a Weiand 142 root style blower. I'm not sure though. Does anyone else know? surely whatever it is would be reliable and high quality if GM would put it on their most expensive Vette ever.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Tzzird
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
The A&A Vortec is the best engineered system on the market. If you want a quiet SC, go with the A&A Vortec SQ (Super Quiet) series.

They just released a "Ram-Air" Intercooler. They are the only ones with this feature to keep IAT (Intake Air Temp) low, with a huge distance between the intercooler and the radiator to increase airflow through the radiator.
Take a look here to see what it looks like.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...977&highlight=
Another happy customer checking in.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Petew1971
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by LS2-Zomb!e
Pro Charger
Old 10-04-2008, 10:45 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Stock hood will limit you to either a centrifugal blower or to the dragon systems Whipple twin screw blower.
Noise wise the quietest blower you can get for a C6 is the Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ. SQ = Super Quiet.
Paxtons aren't too loud either from what I've heard, but are certainly louder than Vortech SQ.

My recommendatin would be A&A's kit... Mine made 600WHP / 518RWTQ on a conservative pump gas tune and they are still on sale fr $5300 shipped Mine came with everything I needed to install; down to the plugs, injectors, every clamp, everything, and did the install myself

Last edited by PowerLabs; 10-04-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:48 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

I think the ZR1 is equipped with a Weiand 142 root style blower. I'm not sure though. Does anyone else know? surely whatever it is would be reliable and high quality if GM would put it on their most expensive Vette ever.
No, the ZR1 is equipped with an Eaton corporation Roots TVS 2300 blower, and, as you may have noticed, that does require a modified hood for clearance (the OP asked about a blower that will fit under the stock hood). It is also not particularly quiet; the ZR1 exibits some blower noise and has some intake silencing as well.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Hammerman
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Check Vortec Engineering. vortechsuperchargers.com
Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

as stated earlier, A&A has just made some new changes to their kit, it's now my favorite kit on the market... And this is from a "procharger" guy... The "Ram" Air flipped FMIC, the new tensioner bracket, and all of the tried and true parts, the price is just a bonus... this kit would be superior to all others and still a better value if it were more money than all the others... but it's not more $$$, it's less... That CRAZY!!! A&A FTW!!!

And as stated earlier check the C6 F.I. N2O section for more detailed info... see link below
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...ysprune=&f=123
Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
7RED
Advanced

When your serious, call Andy at A&A, he can ship or do a turn key install and give you a very reliable, fun car to drive
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
as stated earlier, A&A has just made some new changes to their kit, it's now my favorite kit on the market... And this is from a "procharger" guy... The "Ram" Air flipped FMIC, the new tensioner bracket, and all of the tried and true parts, the price is just a bonus... this kit would be superior to all others and still a better value if it were more money than all the others... but it's not more $$$, it's less... That CRAZY!!! A&A FTW!!!

And as stated earlier check the C6 F.I. N2O section for more detailed info... see link below
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...ysprune=&f=123

I'm very glad I went with A&A!

Get notified of new replies

To Blower info request

Old 10-09-2008, 10:46 PM
aTX427

and blower noise as low as possible.
what's the fun in that?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:17 AM
alcgomez
Instructor

Or you can also , contact Pete at Callaway, he can do a turn key install and give you a very reliable, fun car to drive as well . I had mine done with him and have never looked back . .. many great tuners out there . It all depends on what you want . Just remember when it's all said an done WE only have our memories enjoy !

Last edited by alcgomez; 10-10-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:59 AM
greekc6
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

where u located for starters. im sure u could hear them in person. someone should be near u to hear them. thats the same thing i did and went with paxton. very quiet and makes awesome power at the same time.

Quick Reply: Blower info request