C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Active Handling

Old 09-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Comfortably Numb
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Service Active Handling

Have read the posts on SAH and the TSB and was wondering if I brought it into the dealer is this something they'll repair no charge. The car is out of warranty, has a $100 deductible GMPP warranty. Sounds like a design issue or cheap connectors that goes beyond the scope of normal wear and tear that should not be banged for $100.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:13 AM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not sure that i understandn your question,

wear & tear is not covered under warrantny/gmpp at all, so it would ccost you the entire price of t he job, not $100

i think that electroni issues are covered with GMPP, but just take it to the dealer and ask them.

btw - i h ad a similar issue and it ended up being a faulty gas pedal that they replalcecd... its been fine since.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, I paid the $100 deductible (different warranty company than yours). In a perfect world mfg's would take responsibility for poor design, along with the engineers who fought to have their design used, over that of something similar, better, different, etc... I am around engineers time to time. They are a different breed. They usually don't see past themselves. They see to the point of their nose and that's it. If they came up with it, then it's a solution, not one of many.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:55 AM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

what code ?
Old 09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Maalox
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by GotChrist?
Nope, I paid the $100 deductible (different warranty company than yours). In a perfect world mfg's would take responsibility for poor design, along with the engineers who fought to have their design used, over that of something similar, better, different, etc... I am around engineers time to time. They are a different breed. They usually don't see past themselves. They see to the point of their nose and that's it. If they came up with it, then it's a solution, not one of many.
Bad experience with Engineers I take it?

I had this code, the dealer performed the TSB and that fixed it up. They replaced the connector which is affected by the telescoping steering wheel.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Active Handling

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service Active Handling