C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here Are The Gear Shift Reductions For The Mgw Shifter On A 2008>>>

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Brett Hunter
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MGW George
oh well i guess you wont want to look in the thread i will be posting later this week on a new model shifter we have coming out....hmmmmmm.....
Looking forward to the post since I plan on buying a new shifter asap for my 2005.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

oh well i guess you wont want to look in the thread i will be posting later this week on a new model shifter we have coming out....hmmmmmm.....
If it's the one you sent me to test all I can say is WOW!

Tom
Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Jim Nebraska
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gosh....this is kinda like one of those old movies where the couple initially doesn't get along....works through their differences and then everyone hugs right before "The End" comes up....I'm getting sorta misty eyed.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Old 07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'17,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Why do you do this just AFTER I ordered my shifter from you, and UPS won't even be delivering it until Thursday or Friday?

Should I plan on refusing the package and having it returned to you unopened ? ? ? JK, or maybe not.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11

Originally Posted by clevitekid
Why do you do this just AFTER I ordered my shifter from you, and UPS won't even be delivering it until Thursday or Friday?

Should I plan on refusing the package and having it returned to you unopened ? ? ? JK, or maybe not.

this offering will NOT be replacing the current design. it is simply an option for those who really do not want a short throw shifter just a tighter more precise shifter. it will only shorten the throw maybe 10-15 percent.

so i would NOT refuse it if you are looking for the best short throw shifter you can buy haha

regards
george
Old 07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

George, you make a absolutly fantastic product and with unbelievable customer service!!! I was one of you're first, got the 35% and LOVE IT! NO RATTLES OR PROBLEMS!!! don't listen to the garage queens these are the guys that have battery tenders and nothing else to do except sit in the car trying to figure out if it's 25 or 30% because they don't drive it! the point is; THAT IT IS SHORTER AND I DO NOT MISS 2-3 ANYMORE! Hurry up and make something else for the C6 so I can buy it from you!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Nd4spd2
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I've heard they are also harder to shift because of the shorter throw. Any truth to that? Harder as in it takes more effort to move the shifter.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:12 PM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default George is the MAN.

this offering will NOT be replacing the current design. it is simply an option for those who really do not want a short throw shifter just a tighter more precise shifter. it will only shorten the throw maybe 10-15 percent.

so i would NOT refuse it if you are looking for the best short throw shifter you can buy haha

regards
george
I just talked to George on the phone, and he is allowing me to send the 30% shifter back to him unopened, and exchanging it for the new HIGH PRECISION - LOW EFFORT shifter. Talk about Customer Service ! ! !

George did explain that he is installing the new HP-LE shifter in his personal car for the final engineering checkout and approval, so the new HP-LE shifters will not be shipping for about a week or so.

By the way, I asked George how he was referring to the new shifter, and he said he had to actually get it in the car a MEASURE the difference in shift throw - if it is 10% he will call it the 10% shifter, if 15%, he will call it the 15% shifter.

So - - - I just made up the name HIGH PRECISION - LOW EFFORT or HP-LE. If you like it George, feel free to use it !
Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 PM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08-'11

Originally Posted by CMY SIX
George, you make a absolutly fantastic product and with unbelievable customer service!!! I was one of you're first, got the 35% and LOVE IT! NO RATTLES OR PROBLEMS!!! don't listen to the garage queens these are the guys that have battery tenders and nothing else to do except sit in the car trying to figure out if it's 25 or 30% because they don't drive it! the point is; THAT IT IS SHORTER AND I DO NOT MISS 2-3 ANYMORE! Hurry up and make something else for the C6 so I can buy it from you!
APPRECIATE IT MAN AS ALWAYS!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08-'11

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2
I've heard they are also harder to shift because of the shorter throw. Any truth to that? Harder as in it takes more effort to move the shifter.
the shorter throw the shifter the more effort it takes no boubt but io gotta tell you our newest design 30 percent is in my opninion a breeze to move.

i still think i will prefer this over the long throw coming out cuzi like the really really tight throws it has but time will tell i guess.

george
Old 07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

i still think i will prefer this over the long throw coming out cuzi like the really really tight throws it has but time will tell i guess.

george
I noticed the longer throw right away, but after about 10 minutes of using it, it was so precise that I forgot how the original MGW felt.

Tom
Old 07-23-2008, 07:20 PM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08-'11

Originally Posted by TCW
I noticed the longer throw right away, but after about 10 minutes of using it, it was so precise that I forgot how the original MGW felt.

Tom
sorry tom it must be your imagination or that you had a 35 percent at first because you have a 30 percent not the long throw shifter. i dont have them back from the platers yet

george
Old 07-24-2008, 06:22 AM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

sorry tom it must be your imagination

george

I guess so. The new one was so much easier (and QUIETER) to move that I guess it felt like a longer throw.

Tom
Old 07-30-2008, 09:00 AM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08-'11

Default MGW short shifter daily driver option now available>>>

hey guys,

i finally got the new bases in for our daily driver model of our short shifter. here are the details.....

if you are interested in the following you WILL want this model shifter...

1. you really don't mind the throw of the stock 2008 z06 model shifter or c6 shifter. just hate the sloppy mushy feel. stock throw on a 2008 z06 shifter is about 3.75 " from 3-4 gear. the MGW daily driver shifter is a 15 percent reduction in throw from that.

2. you do not have much tolerance for increased effort that a true short throw shifter exhibits due to the decreased leverage and / or have shoulder, back issues and cannot put alot of force on the shifter.

3. you do not really drag race but instead are looking for a more precise, slightly shorter shift throw than the oem unit.

you will NOT want this shifter if....

1. you want the shortest throw possible and effort is not really a concern. the MGW 30 percent reduction shifter is best suited as it really is not hard to shift but does require a biut more effort as it is twice the throw reduction of our daily driver unit.

2. you drag race alot or just want the most extreme positive gate shifter you can get.

as you guys know we initially did offer 2 shifter models back in january for the purpose of meeting 2 different goals. one for hardcore racers and one for occasional racers that use their corvettes as daily drivers. the issue was that they were too close in throw to really distingiush them apart.

with these 2 new models the differences are much more evident. i want to reiterate that the daily driver is a "mild" reduction in throw over the stock c6 z06 shifter so if you order this dont expect some night and day difference in shift throw but instead just a much more precise and smooth shifter experience.

so there you have it. no need to buy a z06 shifter now if you have a c5 or c6 oem shifter MGW has you covered

i have 45 units of the 15 percent in stock now and they are priced the same as our 30 percent 199.00.

regards
george

www.mgwltd.com
Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 AM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

hey guys,

i finally got the new bases in for our daily driver model of our short shifter. here are the details.....

if you are interested in the following you WILL want this model shifter...

1. you really don't mind the throw of the stock 2008 z06 model shifter or c6 shifter. just hate the sloppy mushy feel. stock throw on a 2008 z06 shifter is about 3.75 " from 3-4 gear. the MGW daily driver shifter is a 15 percent reduction in throw from that.

2. you do not have much tolerance for increased effort that a true short throw shifter exhibits due to the decreased leverage and / or have shoulder, back issues and cannot put alot of force on the shifter.

3. you do not really drag race but instead are looking for a more precise, slightly shorter shift throw than the oem unit.

. . . . . . .

i have 45 units of the 15 percent in stock now and they are priced the same as our 30 percent 199.00.

regards
george

www.mgwltd.com
I have had my order in for the new 15% HighPrecision-LowEffort shifter since July 23 (see post #29 above) and am looking forward to receiving and installing it SOON ! ! !

Quick Reply: Here Are The Gear Shift Reductions For The Mgw Shifter On A 2008>>>