C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*NPP IN A BOX* Add NPP w/My Revolutionary Vacuum System–Used By VetteDR, ECS and COW

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07
Default *NPP IN A BOX* Add NPP w/My Revolutionary Vacuum System–Used By VetteDR, ECS and COW

In my tradition of innovations in the world of Z06 and NPP exhaust control systems I am introducing a new retrofit system call “NPP in a box”. You provide the mufflers, I provide the rest. Sorry for the long read. Back at SEMA 2007 I worked with B&B to come up with a number of ways to control a Bi-mode retrofit system. It's the only kit included by one of the largest resellers of OEM NPP systems.

Always 100% ZERO drain and you choose the startup mode HAVE IT START OPEN OR HAVE IT START CLOSED and can change it anytime. I guarantee my system to be the easiest to install and best engineered or your money back.

To order: www.nakidparts.com

Here's a link to a video with headers Play Video

Link To NPP install Pictures in a 2005 with headers View Pictures

Use what the PRO's use - Thanks to LG, ECS, Vette Doctors, Corvettes of Westchester, Corvettes of Houston and the many other Chevy Dealers for choosing my system to install in their customers cars, they demand the best and so should you. If you have any concerns or questions about the quality or ease of installation feel free to call them an see why NPP in a box is their choice.

VetteDoctors (Carmen) “Your NPP system is the best on the market. Very easy to install & your service is second to none.”
East Cost Supercharging(Chris) “We installed one last week and I must say the product was very well put together and a smooth install.. Thanks Ed”
Corvettes of Westchester(Chuck) "I can't say enough about the NAKIDPARTS NPP PRODUCTS! The kits are first rate! EVERYONE wants them! PRICE IS AWESOME!
SHIPPING IS ALMOST INSTANT! ED IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP! What more could you want!?!?"

Some history of my efforts. It's simple to copy (as others have) what B&B did for its fusion system. I chose to completely reengineer my system to be much smaller, 50% less parts, 2 min vacuum tap on the LS2 and all parts are mounted inside the car. That’s the big difference you get from a Pipedreams innovation, product that work correctly from the start. :thumbs: You will always find instructions to my product available online, don’t you want to know what’s involved prior to install?

Self contained vacuum system = My NPP in a box was developed and has sold well with over 300 units in use. NPP in a box provided a simple install and everything you needed including the vacuum. Available but on backorder due to demand.

Electric controlled = Although my first option B&B was not keen on the idea of removing the vacuum actuators and in early testing on the GM NPP it made almost no sound change between cracked open to full open. On the back burner.

Engine vacuum = B&B went on to used their own version on its fusion retrofit systems. I put it on the back burner as NPP in a box took 100% of my resources. I have received 100’s of PM and email asking for a low cost solution for owners that don’t mind running the vacuum line from the motor but still need a way to control the bi-mode (NPP / Fusion) exhaust.

Since I have extensive experience with my NPP in a box system, it was simple to develop a vacuum control system to meet the requests. My criteria and implementation is a little different than what is sold with the fusion systems in a number of ways.

1. The vacuum source off the motor had to be extremely simple to get. No removing coil packs or trying to access the back of the plenum and break off the unused vacuum line. It does not use the booster supply, so no worry there. On the LS2 it will take you less than 5 min to install the vacuum tap (no tools needed) a PIPEDREAMS innovation, approved and tested at vette doctors. On the LS3 you will use the rear OEM tap (see instructions)

2. Want innovations, I did not just copy the GM system. I developed a 100% new system where the control is no bigger than a box of Twinkies. All parts are encloed in the box (no seperate controler to install) and will be located 100% in the car (rear storage hatch) with both the wireless control and the vacuum controls safely housed inside so you have no weather issues. The power supply is in a heavy double shielded cable, 5 min no tools and nothing to pop off or remove.

3. Cost is $159 and will include everything needed, you just supply the exhaust. You just install the vacuum tap, run the provided vacuum line from the motor to the rear, run and install the provided power harness, install the control box and hook up the vacuum lines. The whole system will draw less than ˝ amp, have zero drain with the car off and start either open or close. It is not designed to work with the car2u visor yet but will have Mild2Wild built in or ask about a custom unit with a foot switch.

4.Designed to work with both the B&B and the GM NPP system that are installed in a retrofit configuration.

Don't you like to see what your getting? - here it is

Last edited by Pipedreams; 12-15-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:36 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

any RPM function in the Mix?? Keep Up the Good Work!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by carlrx7
any RPM function in the Mix?? Keep Up the Good Work!
really no demand they all want it open or closed
Old 07-04-2008, 01:02 PM
1KUVETTE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Npp

Hi Ed. Can you tell me what the difference is between this and your NPP in a box other than not needing to run a vacuum line from the engine compartment. Thanks, Bob
Old 07-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by 1KUVETTE
Hi Ed. Can you tell me what the difference is between this and your NPP in a box other than not needing to run a vacuum line from the engine compartment. Thanks, Bob
That is the only diferance

npp in a box = vacuum supply is in the box

npp in a box lite = vacuum supply is the engine (but in a much easier way of getting it)
Old 07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

These will ship in 1-2 week, PM if you would like to order
Old 07-07-2008, 10:31 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great info. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

ready to ship
Old 09-27-2008, 02:59 PM
pmj341
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Ed
how hard would it be to do the RPM?
thanks
Phil
Old 09-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by pmj341
Ed
how hard would it be to do the RPM?
thanks
Phil

Hard is not the issue, it's the need to spend extra money for a feature will not be happy with. PM if you need more info
Old 09-27-2008, 03:17 PM
elfatty
Heel & Toe

hey all just wondering if you all know.... i am getting headers and X pipe but dont know if the NPP is 3 inch or 2 1/2 inch... i have the NPP and would like to keep it (love they option to be loud or not) but dont know if to go with the 3 inch X pipe? i know the NPP was stock on zo6, so i figured its a 3 incher too....what do you think?
Old 09-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by elfatty
hey all just wondering if you all know.... I am getting headers and x pipe but dont know if the npp is 3 inch or 2 1/2 inch... I have the npp and would like to keep it (love they option to be loud or not) but dont know if to go with the 3 inch x pipe? I know the npp was stock on zo6, so i figured its a 3 incher too....what do you think?

z06 = 3"

c6 = 2.5"
Old 09-27-2008, 03:31 PM
elfatty
Heel & Toe

i have the just the regular c6... but like i said i DO have the npp option and if i do get the parts, all i would be interested in is keeping is the actual mufflers should i go with the 3 or 2.5 inch on the x pipe outlet? i may go with the 1 7/8 header.... or should i change the muffler also (would hate to do that)
Old 09-30-2008, 03:27 AM
Wavydavy
Advanced

Ed,

I already have the retro-fit Fusion installed using the rear of the engine for the vacuum source. I really want the ability to control it at start-up. Could your system work using that source so I don't have to run a new line? If so, any time frame for getting it to work with the car2u? I am aware of the issues with making that work, just wondering if you have made any head way with it. Thanks.

Dave
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM
pwoolford
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by elfatty
i have the just the regular c6... but like i said i DO have the npp option and if i do get the parts, all i would be interested in is keeping is the actual mufflers should i go with the 3 or 2.5 inch on the x pipe outlet? i may go with the 1 7/8 header.... or should i change the muffler also (would hate to do that)
I'm 99% sure that on the standard C6 both the NPP and the regular mufflers have a 2.5 inlet. I would keep my NPP no matter what! I added Z06 NPP mufflers to my 2005 so they were 3" and I had to get a special pipe from LG to connect to them. I have Pipedream's NPP in a box and love it. Remote controlled quiet to loud is as cool as it gets.

You just need to make sure you get a header kit that will connect to C6 (non Z06) mufflers.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

It's my understanding that the reason B&B went with engine vacuum for the Fusion instead of your unit was because their system was rather leaky. Has that problem been solved or does your unit have to continuously cycle on and off?

BJK
Old 09-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp
It's my understanding that the reason B&B went with engine vacuum for the Fusion instead of your unit was because their system was rather leaky. Has that problem been solved or does your unit have to continuously cycle on and off?

BJK

You would have to ask them, works fine on the NPP, the system sold in this thread uses engine vacumm

Last edited by Pipedreams; 09-30-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To *NPP IN A BOX* Add NPP w/My Revolutionary Vacuum System–Used By VetteDR, ECS and COW

Old 09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
You would have to ask them, works fine on the NPP, the system sold in this thread uses engine vacumm
Oops. Note to self.... read the whole write up before asking questions.

BJK
Old 10-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

It's the only kit included by one of the largest resellers of OEM NPP systems.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by AtHomeSoda
I did it... and as Ed said... It is SIMPLE to get a engine vacuum connection. Plug and Play. Total install, (After installing NPP Exhaust) took about a 1/2 hour. Way glad I did it... and people can't figure out how I can change the sound... outside the car lol...
Thanks, then I accomplished what I set out to do

Quick Reply: *NPP IN A BOX* Add NPP w/My Revolutionary Vacuum System–Used By VetteDR, ECS and COW