C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue after FORE fuel system install

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 12:56 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 688 Posts
Default Issue after FORE fuel system install

Having a weird issue after installing a FORE double pump fuel system. As far as the install itself, it went fast and pretty easy. The issue I am having is, the tanks are not venting correctly and I'm not able to pump fuel in consistently. I go to put fuel in it and it will fill the fill tube and then start overflowing and then drain into the tank veryyyyy sloooowly. I can stick a rod down the fill tube to open the "plunger" and "burp" the tanks. At this point I can fill it until I stop, then have to use the rod again to burp the tanks. Obviously this is not the right way and something I have not encountered before on these cars. I did not touch the passenger tank (it was already dropped previously to install the regulator block off)

I've tried blowing out the vent lines. If I blow air into the vent line that goes to the filler neck, it will build pressure in the tank and then release out of that line.
I've tried disconnecting the vent solenoid, no change

Seems like it fills no problem if the drivers rear of the car is raised up. Not 100% sure on this tho

Any ideas on other things to check?

Quick Reply: Issue after FORE fuel system install