C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,414 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Alignment

Just got a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires.....NON-Run Flats for my 2006 base model. Problem I am having is finding anyone who can do a wheel alignment in my area. The shop that put the tires can't do it cause the car is too low to go on their alignment rack......and I just stopped at the place that did my 77 Corvette alignment a few years ago....and they can't do it either....for the same reason. The car is NOT lowered, just stock height. Anyone know anyone in the Pittsburgh area than has the right alignment rack to do this car? I am very hesitant to try ANY of the local Chevy dealers because most of them have nothing but dipshits working there cause they are so understaffed and nobody wants to work. Grabiak in New Alexandria used to be the Corvette go-to place in the area for Corvettes....but they were bought out by one of the big local car dealership chains.....and they have a total of TWO mechanics working there...TWO.....and things like Corvettes just keep them from working on the everyday vanilla cars that are sold today.

I hate to think I have to do alignments myself, but maybe that is the only choice I have.

Its getting ridiculous. I had to take the car to Rick at RKT Performance in Frederick Maryland to get my harmonic balancer done, as well as the differential and torque tube work I had to have done awhile ago.

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,354 Likes on 1,627 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Not sure how far you are from Whitmoyer Chevy (Mount Joy PA). I know you said no dealers, but I would for sure trust them, they're a Vette-Centric dealer with a great staff.
The following users liked this post:
Torqued Off (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 445 Likes on 333 Posts

Phoenix Performance in Phoenixville PA has dome the alignment on my CR & it was well worth the drive from NJ.
http://www.phoenixperformance.net/facility.html
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

A base c6 should go on any rack, sounds like those shoes don’t want your business. Are you installing camber plates or something time consuming? An alignment can be anything from a 10 minute Toe adjustment to a 6hr major ordeal
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,414 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
A base c6 should go on any rack, sounds like those shoes don’t want your business. Are you installing camber plates or something time consuming? An alignment can be anything from a 10 minute Toe adjustment to a 6hr major ordeal
I scrape the front air dam even on the smallest dip in the road, so I can see why it won't fit up on the inclined ramp........I guess I could take the air dam off, but its also a problem with the nose over at the top of the ramp, possible hitting the rocker area under the doors.

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment

Quick Reply: Alignment