C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Bullits / Borla Stigers

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 AM
safatboyvette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&B Bullits / Borla Stigers

I am looking for a nice agressive sound on my new '07 vert. Please help me decide.This is a weekend driver wth no mods other than a planned VaraRam. had the Corsa Pacecar on my '01 and they were not loud enough.
Does anyone have a link to soundclips for these?
Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 AM
andyandy98
Pro

http://www.madvet.com

This is a great Corvette retailer. Have bought lots of stuff from them and they ship quickly to even Ontario. Prices are beatable elswhere if you shop around though, sometimes considerably.

However, they have an exhaust soundboard. It helps, though nothing substitutes hearing them in person.

Bullets are the loudest exhaust followed arguably by the Borla Stingers. If you really like loud you should consider the Bullets. If you still want pretty loud but a touch down from the loudest, get the Stingers.

Many forum members have both and love both. I have Stingers and would never consider another exhaust.

Good luck.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Roofless
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

I agree, if you want loud and I mean loud go withthe Bullets. They give a new definition of loud.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 AM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

You have to listen to them 1st hand. I have had both. Bullets are about 2x as loud as the Stingers. Borla has the perfect blend, IMO
Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Whiterock1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andyandy98

This is a great Corvette retailer. Have bought lots of stuff from them and they ship quickly to even Ontario. Prices are beatable elswhere if you shop around though, sometimes considerably.

However, they have an exhaust soundboard. It helps, though nothing substitutes hearing them in person.

Bullets are the loudest exhaust followed arguably by the Borla Stingers. If you really like loud you should consider the Bullets. If you still want pretty loud but a touch down from the loudest, get the Stingers.

Many forum members have both and love both. I have Stingers and would never consider another exhaust.

Good luck.

I have and love Bullets. SLP has come out with Loudmouths for the C6, and I would expect they are about in the same loudness area as the B&Bs. MidAmerica had soundclips of the various exhausts, too. You may try to check them out; however, I agree that nothing takes the place of hearing them in person.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
safatboyvette
Cruising

thank you all for your helpfull input.I'm used to the very loud aftermarket pipes on my harley so I am going to go with the b&bs
Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

At WOT they are similar. BB will idle and cruise louder.

I have Borla. BBs are popular as are Borlas. Sound clips are about useless due to variables in the recording and play back medium, distance of the mike from the exhause, etc, etc. I based mt decision on a live demo following a club meeting. You need to hear them in person. Carisle would be the best place or a local Vette gathering.

If you just looking for a more agressive sound, save a Grand and get Flow Masters installed at a muffler shop for about $250. That will give you time to explore the alternatives. Personally I think they're all sound good. It's just that they are different - high/low pitch.

Everyone will tell you theirs is the best cuz they spent $1200 or so to get them and they do not want to look foolish.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Whiterock1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JFTaylor
At WOT they are similar. BB will idle and cruise louder.

I have Borla. BBs are popular as are Borlas. Sound clips are about useless due to variables in the recording and play back medium, distance of the mike from the exhause, etc, etc. I based mt decision on a live demo following a club meeting. You need to hear them in person. Carisle would be the best place or a local Vette gathering.

If you just looking for a more agressive sound, save a Grand and get Flow Masters installed at a muffler shop for about $250. That will give you time to explore the alternatives. Personally I think they're all sound good. It's just that they are different - high/low pitch.

Everyone will tell you theirs is the best cuz they spent $1200 or so to get them and they do not want to look foolish.
$700 for the Bullets, as they have no mufflers, are considerably cheaper than the systems that do. SLP Loudmouths only have resonators, as well, so cost much less, too. I had the LMs on my 2000 T/A. Liked them, but the tuning of the Bullets is far better. And the burble and popping on overrun is like the smell of napalm in the morning: smells like victory..
Old 07-17-2007, 04:27 PM
redrokit8
Racer

Sound clips are a example of volume and it is almost impossible to get the real tone.
You should really ask the forum for members who are in your area if they would be available to demo their exhaust. It would be well worth your time to hear the exhaust in person. Usually a well known repair depot of Corvettes always have cars in for repair with different branded exhaust.
Take it from me. I now have Stingers but purchased another system first on word of mouth and it was a $1,300 mistake.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Steves C6
5th Gear

I just purchased B&B Bullets 4.5 oval tip system and the Bullet X pipe from Corvettes of Houston for $1095.80 there everyday low price! That was the cheapest price I found!! Good Luck!!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:49 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Get the FREEEKIN BULLETS AND GET OVER WITH IT ALREADY!!!!

Sorry,.............need to take My Valium now!!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Default Check These Out

http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/sounds.html
Old 07-18-2007, 02:59 AM
thaemcee2
Intermediate

i ran into an old friend with a 07 with b/b bullets...i always thought they were rediculously loud but theyre really not that bad...definitley loud and definitley agressive rumble...loud at idle,WOT, and not too bad at cruising...if you plan on driving far distances you might want to check out the PRT system but it still isnt that bad.....i say go with BULLETS
Old 07-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Whiterock1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Steves C6
I just purchased B&B Bullets 4.5 oval tip system and the Bullet X pipe from Corvettes of Houston for $1095.80 there everyday low price! That was the cheapest price I found!! Good Luck!!
You can get them for 7 bills, like I did from CoH or WCC when on sale. However, if you had to have them now, I understand...
Old 07-18-2007, 09:47 AM
fright88
Safety Car

Stingers. I love them. But I agree try to find members in your area and listen to their cars.

BTW here is my crappy sound clip

Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Whiterock1
$700 for the Bullets, as they have no mufflers, are considerably cheaper than the systems that do. SLP Loudmouths only have resonators, as well, so cost much less, too. I had the LMs on my 2000 T/A. Liked them, but the tuning of the Bullets is far better. And the burble and popping on overrun is like the smell of napalm in the morning: smells like victory..

Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Awesome sounds.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Bullits / Borla Stigers

Old 07-18-2007, 01:21 PM
AHTTG
Instructor

Originally Posted by andyandy98

Good luck.

Wow, awesome link.

Edit: Got home to check it out and no borla soundclip.

I'm pretty much 80% set on the stingers right now. My only concern is drone, since I will have an A6. Basically looking for something that won't be obnoxiously loud at idle/cruising, but will scream under WOT.

Last edited by AHTTG; 07-18-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
AHTTG
Instructor

Originally Posted by fright88
Stingers. I love them. But I agree try to find members in your area and listen to their cars.

BTW here is my crappy sound clip

That sounded like you let it rev to about 2500 RPM
Old 07-18-2007, 05:21 PM
fright88
Safety Car

Here are more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bval0Ccxrwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PFRvBrH3DE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjxAPkfmdEg

Quick Reply: B&B Bullits / Borla Stigers